Michael Lombardi says Zac Taylor ....

Is Zac Taylor qualified to coach the Bengals ?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Zac Taylor qualified to coach the Bengals ?

• Yes
    • No

On 7/3/2021 at 9:41 AM, saphead said:

Yes, until somebody tugs on Zac's visor brim like what happened to Dave Shula he seems to have the respect of the players. 

That Gary Reaasons bill-tweak of Dave Shula on Monday Night Football, before a world audience, was the crowning moment of Bengalsdom.

On 7/7/2021 at 9:09 PM, Duluoz said:

That Gary Reaasons bill-tweak of Dave Shula on Monday Night Football, before a world audience, was the crowning moment of Bengalsdom.

Don’t forget when Whit threw Chad out of the huddle and told him to go back to the bench. 

The weird thing about Lombardi's obvious news dead period hot taking is that it only holds up if you don't believe in Burrow and Bates.  Those are the two clear leaders on the team, and in both cases they have gone to bat hard for ZT.  Burrow's comments to Collinsworth on Collinsworth's pod earlier this off-season speak for themselves. Bates has clearly been of a similar mindset. So, the "he's not qualified to be a head coach" thesis/hot take is wrong on its face as neither of those two players go to bat for a guy that is literally unqualified. And I trust Burrow and Bates way more than I trust Lombardi.

ZT needs to win games. So do Burrow and Bates. Those latter two know that, and still are full throat in support of ZT. Gives me hope for ZT yet. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

The weird thing about Lombardi's obvious news dead period hot taking is that it only holds up if you don't believe in Burrow and Bates.  Those are the two clear leaders on the team, and in both cases they have gone to bat hard for ZT.  Burrow's comments to Collinsworth on Collinsworth's pod earlier this off-season speak for themselves. Bates has clearly been of a similar mindset. So, the "he's not qualified to be a head coach" thesis/hot take is wrong on its face as neither of those two players go to bat for a guy that is literally unqualified. And I trust Burrow and Bates way more than I trust Lombardi.

ZT needs to win games. So do Burrow and Bates. Those latter two know that, and still are full throat in support of ZT. Gives me hope for ZT yet. 

No doubt Taylor has gotten buy-in from this group.  That's step 1.  Step 2 is having good game plans, implementing them during the week, executing them on Sunday, and making adjustments when necessary.  Based upon the past two years Step 2 is in question.  Yes, the lack of buy-in hurt, but as a coach he now has to get some results.  The team appears to be improved across the board talent-wise.  Time to put up. 

For sure time to put up. But looking back at Lombardi's thesis, it is a ridiculous thesis on its face - based simply on Burrow and Bates - if nothing else. If Burrow is all in on ZT - that tells me something. And it is NOT that ZT is unqualified. 

A secondary issue, which could once again become a primary issue is the team has to sign its own good players and draft better consistently, otherwise a short term build up goes for naught. Look at the contracts this team will have to deal with over the next few seasons and given the team will not backload contracts and is sparse with guaranteed monies this could be an issue. The players will once again realize that the team will NOT do everything it takes to win. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived