The Joe Poll

Joe Poll  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Does Burrow participate fully in training camp?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Does Burrow start any games in the preseason?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does Burrow start Game 1 of the Regular Season?

• Yes
    • No

My only hesitation on answering yes for question 1 (and I answered yes) - was the definition of full participation. I suspect he will be declared 100% cleared for camp, but also that ZT and staff may hold him out from some stuff early on. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’m not sure I’d ever play Joe in a preseason game. 
I do think he’s a full participant in camp. 

It's a tough call, if he participates fully in camp then there is something to be said for getting him some game snaps to knock off the rust, but at the same time you don't want to get him hurt in a meaningless game.

1 minute ago, membengal said:

My only hesitation on answering yes for question 1 (and I answered yes) - was the definition of full participation. I suspect he will be declared 100% cleared for camp, but also that ZT and staff may hold him out from some stuff early on. 

I think that's likely, question is when do they let him take hits?

I answered yes, no, yes. He didn't play in any preseason games last year because there wasn't a preseason. Granted nobody did last year, he looked pretty decent in Week 1 of his first NFL season. Joe mentioned in his last OTA press conference that he would have a conversation with coaches/front office about taking a couple series in preseason but that the discussions would be had closer to the games. I just have a hard time seeing Zac and others put him out there.

There were no preseason games last year and JB didn't seem to have much of an issue going 0 to 60 there. If he doesn't take a preseason snap, but participates fully in preseason workouts he should be ahead of where he was last year week one. JMO

On 7/7/2021 at 9:52 AM, membengal said:

I answered No for that same reasoning.

Archived