2021 Training Camp and Pre-Season News Thread and chatter

11 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Unfortunate but this guy had only a very tiny chance to make the roster, he was likely to hit the PS. 

I think most of us were just looking forward to watching Hubert in pre-season. Who doesn’t love watching a kid playing every snap like his hair is on fire? Kid brings that to the table in spades. 

Probably not literally an Adeniji replacement - at least not in terms of making the 53. Maybe can try for practice squad.

Here is Dehner's guess at o-line when final cuts are made (he did this before they signed the guy but I don't think the new dude changes any of this...

Offensive line (10)

Starters: LT Jonah Williams, LG Quinton Spain, C Trey Hopkins, RG Xavier Su’a-Filo, RT Riley Reiff
Reserves: Fred Johnson, D’Ante Smith, Michael Jordan, Jackson Carman, Billy Price

Outside looking in: Isaiah Prince, Keaton Sutherland, Trey Hill, Lamont Gaillard
Injured: Hakeem Adeniji (pectoral)

Outlook: We shall see how quickly Carman comes along, but at this point I foresee him opening the year as a backup. That might last only a few games, but plugging veterans in as Carman figures out how tough this league is would be a likely strategy. Beyond an addition coming from elsewhere, I think this feels like a solid 10. The question will be Hopkins’ health and if Hill could make enough impression and latch on. With Price here and the hope offensive line coach Frank Pollack can re-energize the 2018 first-round pick, I don’t see him going anywhere. He should be good to stash on the practice squad in case an injury occurs.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

I’m really excited to watch D’Ante Smith in pre-season. I truly think that kid’s just scratching the surface. Definitely not one to sleep on. 

Lap mentioned him on one of his radio hits in the last few days as being someone who had drawn his eye. Fingers crossed.

11 hours ago, BengalBuck said:

Ok, did you just make up the term/phrase/whatever "tickety boo"? I've never heard that before.

10 hours ago, spicoli said:

I don’t know what that means.

It means I binge watch too many BBC comedy series, particularly "New Tricks".

Means all is well or good.

BTW... "New Tricks" is not bad at all and better than a lot of US crap.  Old retired cops solving old cases.

Head of the division is a killer plus size MILF.

They take the field at 3. I will be tied up at that time at work - so hopefully Griever or others can get some of the twitter obs in here around that time. Otherwise, I will throw some up when I clear free.  No public on the sidelines but maybe some of the die hards will make it to the bridge and put up obs from there. The beat reporters are likely best source since they will be on sidelines as normal. 

5 minutes ago, Griever said:

I'm in a conference call until three so I'll hopefully be able to pass on the Twitter deets after that

Three is the magic time to break free, so lucky you. The depo I am defending today starts at 1;30 - unless re-scheduled I am out for that timeframe. 

Archived