2021 Training Camp and Pre-Season News Thread and chatter

10 hours ago, membengal said:

For out of market Bengals fans - Bengals/WFT announced as one of the live pre-season games on NFL Network. Although for those of us over in the DMV, would have seen that one anyway. 

It's long past time the Redskins chose a new name.  Or went back to the old one.

Yes, that. Sometimes Delaware included to be nice. 

ETA - pre-season game 3 against Dolphins is on CBS nationally.

That leaves just pre-season game 1 against Tampa for us out-of-Cincy-market bengals fans to find a way to watch live.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

It's long past time the Redskins chose a new name.  Or went back to the old one.

Just want to say that I'm not trying to derail this thread, but interesting read about that actually. Looks like the final decision will be made next year but this author seems to have done his research.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/7/12/22574658/why-washingtons-new-name-will-be-the-red-wolves

These were snips taken from the video he was talking about, not a terrible look. There are no canine nicknames in the NFL and surprisingly not that many in the Big 4 so it fills that niche:

Screen_Shot_2021_07_12_at_7.12.49_PM.jpeg

Screen_Shot_2021_07_12_at_7.12.27_PM.jpeg

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Yes, that. Sometimes Delaware included to be nice. 

ETA - pre-season game 3 against Dolphins is on CBS nationally.

That leaves just pre-season game 1 against Tampa for us out-of-Cincy-market bengals fans to find a way to watch live.

That's me as well. I can usually find a decent stream online of the "Bengals Network" broadcast but nice to know two will be much easier to watch.

6 hours ago, Griever said:

Just want to say that I'm not trying to derail this thread, but interesting read about that actually. Looks like the final decision will be made next year but this author seems to have done his research.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/7/12/22574658/why-washingtons-new-name-will-be-the-red-wolves

These were snips taken from the video he was talking about, not a terrible look. There are no canine nicknames in the NFL and surprisingly not that many in the Big 4 so it fills that niche:

Screen_Shot_2021_07_12_at_7.12.49_PM.jpeg

Screen_Shot_2021_07_12_at_7.12.27_PM.jpeg

Wolves…Coyotes…copyrights…

OK…different canine species..no problem. 

image.jpeg.03ac06aa85ab636b1b7d2507c2ddb017.jpeg

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/19/23-nfl-teams-will-hold-joint-practices-in-august/

21 NFL teams will hold joint practices in August

And the Bengals are not one of them...I'm ok with this honestly.

The NFL released the entire schedule of joint practices, and 21 teams will have at least one practice with another team.

Only Washington, the Lions, Saints, Seahawks, Cardinals, Chiefs, Texans, Jaguars, Bengals, Stealers and Bills will not work with another team.

Seven teams — the Eagles, Giants, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Panthers and Rams — each will have joint practices with two different teams.

The league initially listed a joint practice between the Jaguars and Saints in Metairie, Louisiana, with the first session Aug. 20, but both teams have responded that is not the case. The Jaguars and Saints will not practice against each other.

On 7/20/2021 at 6:28 AM, Jason said:

Why?....Because you say so? I don't think they are going back, anyone who thinks that would be an option isn't paying attention.

They said they will have a name by next season.

On 7/20/2021 at 6:58 PM, Griever said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/19/23-nfl-teams-will-hold-joint-practices-in-august/

21 NFL teams will hold joint practices in August

And the Bengals are not one of them...I'm ok with this honestly.

The NFL released the entire schedule of joint practices, and 21 teams will have at least one practice with another team.

Only Washington, the Lions, Saints, Seahawks, Cardinals, Chiefs, Texans, Jaguars, Bengals, Stealers and Bills will not work with another team.

Seven teams — the Eagles, Giants, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, Panthers and Rams — each will have joint practices with two different teams.

The league initially listed a joint practice between the Jaguars and Saints in Metairie, Louisiana, with the first session Aug. 20, but both teams have responded that is not the case. The Jaguars and Saints will not practice against each other.

Joint practices sounds like more opportunity for the spread of Covid 19. 

27 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Why?....Because you say so? I don't think they are going back, anyone who thinks that would be an option isn't paying attention.

They said they will have a name by next season.

No, they’re not going back. But They’ve already been nameless for a year. Is it really that hard to think of one?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

No, they’re not going back. But They’ve already been nameless for a year. Is it really that hard to think of one?

Apparently so, it's not just a name though. 

It's a complex process that they want to get it right, so can understand why they are taking their time.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

In today's PC culture, yes.  Everything is bound to offend someone.

I think they should change their name to the Washington Team Football.

That's what my dyslexia sees every time I see the current name, anyway.

Gooooo WTF!

Archived