2021 Opponents news thread

One of the most consistent observations from Lions preseason games was that rookie right tackle Penei Sewell did not play well. Sewell was consistently beaten by pass rushers and did not look ready to be an NFL starter.

But Lions General Manager Brad Holmes, who selected Sewell with the seventh overall pick, says Sewell will be just fine as the Lions’ starter when they take the field in Week One against the 49ers.

Lions should have picked up Jordan on waivers to play beside Sewell. 

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

One of the most consistent observations from Lions preseason games was that rookie right tackle Penei Sewell did not play well. Sewell was consistently beaten by pass rushers and did not look ready to be an NFL starter.

But Lions General Manager Brad Holmes, who selected Sewell with the seventh overall pick, says Sewell will be just fine as the Lions’ starter when they take the field in Week One against the 49ers.

Lions should have picked up Jordan on waivers to play beside Sewell. 

As bad as Sewell played, he wasn't as horrible as Chase.  But wait, Bengal players said he did just fine in practice.  Cue Allen Iverson....

12 hours ago, tibor75 said:

As bad as Sewell played, he wasn't as horrible as Chase.  But wait, Bengal players said he did just fine in practice.  Cue Allen Iverson....

I have no idea how anyone could make any sort of logical comparison honestly, like what is the t-test between a WR and a OT?

14 minutes ago, High School Harry said:
Having lost RBs J.K. Dobbins and Justice Hall to season-ending injuries, the Ravens are signing veteran RB Le’Veon Bell to their practice squad, per source. He soon is likely to be added to the 53-man roster when ready.

All Stealer hatred aside....I wonder if both Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell have taken too many hits to the head.  Both guys fell off a cliff production wise.

28 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

All Stealer hatred aside....I wonder if both Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell have taken too many hits to the head.  Both guys fell off a cliff production wise.

Good call and agree.

I wonder if in the huddle La'zeeone will simply be told, "OK, just stand in the way of

a pass rusher and let Lamar run".

As kind of a P.S. I can't help but wondering if the Starlings are a one dimensional

offense with injuries and antiques.  Lots of eggs in Lamar's basket, one solid hit and

they got nothin' on offense.

18 hours ago, Griever said:

Stealers’ stubbornness on guarantee structure could blow up T.J. Watt talks

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/09/07/Stealers-stubbornness-on-guarantee-structure-could-blow-up-t-j-watt-talks/

If not mistaken, the Bengals are in the same boat in terms of how they see guarantees in contracts? This was one of the deciding factors for Carl Lawson a nd it could be hindering Bate's negotiations. 

I am not for/against where the policy of the team stands - just thinking it may be in play for the few true stars we have. 

6 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Good call and agree.

I wonder if in the huddle La'zeeone will simply be told, "OK, just stand in the way of

a pass rusher and let Lamar run".

As kind of a P.S. I can't help but wondering if the Starlings are a one dimensional

offense with injuries and antiques.  Lots of eggs in Lamar's basket, one solid hit and

they got nothin' on offense.

He thinks he invincible, but me thinks not.

1 minute ago, membengal said:

Prime time Dalton, on the road, against the Rams. Let's just say that Rams as my survivor week 1 pick is a simple call...

If Dalton plays like he did last year in Dallas he won't be long for the gig.  Losing to the Bengals may be enough to make the Bears fans lose their minds and end Dalton's time as starter. 

Make it so.

7 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

If Dalton plays like he did last year in Dallas he won't be long for the gig.  Losing to the Bengals may be enough to make the Bears fans lose their minds and end Dalton's time as starter. 

Make it so.

In these crazy times, what we need is some normalcy.  Seeing Dullton get his ass kicked on national TV will feel like old times.

Archived