2021 Opponents news thread

13 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Pressure in Chicago will build very quickly if he is even just average in the first game or two

Dude, if he accidentally drops his towel they will yank him.  

It is like a girl in a wet tee shirt contest in 1986 competing against Christy Brinkley. Get the fuck off the stage!

A bit of humor:

Bears offensive coordinator Bill Lazor was asked about Andy Dalton and all the other quarterbacks he has worked with. In Lazor’s long career, those include Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck, Nick Foles, Michael Vick, Ryan Tannehill and others.

“I don’t want to compare him, because I hate comparing players, but the things I would say that really stand out about Andy would be his competitiveness and his poise and ability in pressure situations to operate,” Lazor said Wednesday. “I think at the end of some really close games that he’s come back and won in two-minute situations. He just kind of operates the same all the time as far as his calling the plays, operating the offense and being able to play in those pressure situations.

17 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

A bit of humor:

Bears offensive coordinator Bill Lazor was asked about Andy Dalton and all the other quarterbacks he has worked with. In Lazor’s long career, those include Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck, Nick Foles, Michael Vick, Ryan Tannehill and others.

“I don’t want to compare him, because I hate comparing players, but the things I would say that really stand out about Andy would be his competitiveness and his poise and ability in pressure situations to operate,” Lazor said Wednesday. “I think at the end of some really close games that he’s come back and won in two-minute situations. He just kind of operates the same all the time as far as his calling the plays, operating the offense and being able to play in those pressure situations.

Seriously??? 😬🤔🙄

On 8/5/2021 at 11:47 AM, sparky151 said:

Vikings backup QB Kellen Mond has tested positive for covid. So he's out until he puts several negative tests in a row together. More interestingly, the other Vikes QB have to quarantine due to their close contact with Mond. Cousins is a vet but that should still set their offense back for opening day.

Bet they wish they had Jake Browning back.  😂

Watching the highlights of the Bears/Rams it looks like if the Bears perform the same way against us we should be in a good spot.

Their pass defense was horrendous - both tackling and coverage.  Their OL was suspect.  Montgomery (the RB) was their dangerous guy, he looked really good but that's strength-on-strength for us at this point.  It sounded like the Bears' run D was fine until later in the game.

Overall - seems quite winnable.

Archived