2021 Opponents news thread

The man who writes the checks in Jacksonville isn’t happy with Jaguars coach Urban Meyer. The men who do the on-field heavy lifting apparently aren’t, either.

Mike Silver, who shifted earlier this year from NFL Network to the Washington Football Team, has posted an intriguing thread on Twitter regarding the Meyer situation.

“The Urban Meyer situation in Jacksonville has reached a crisis point, especially in the locker room,” Silver writes. “One player told me, ‘He has zero credibility in that stadium. He had very little to begin with.'”

Silver adds that players were “particularly put off” by the cancellation of a Monday team meeting. “He was too scared,” an unnamed player told Silver.

Meyer reportedly “apologized to position groups individually,” and he claimed that the woman in the videos that surfaced was “just there dancing.” Silver says the audience was “highly skeptical.”

“We looked at him like, WTF?” an unnamed player told Silver. “Right when he left everyone started dying laughing. And he knew it.”

‘It’s bad,” the unnamed player told Silver. “I don’t know how he’s gonna function.”

This supports our theory that owner Shad Khan opted for a strong statement over a pink slip, because a resignation could be coming, if/when Meyer realizes that it will be impossible for him to lead, to teach, to inspire.

11 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The man who writes the checks in Jacksonville isn’t happy with Jaguars coach Urban Meyer. The men who do the on-field heavy lifting apparently aren’t, either.

Mike Silver, who shifted earlier this year from NFL Network to the Washington Football Team, has posted an intriguing thread on Twitter regarding the Meyer situation.

“The Urban Meyer situation in Jacksonville has reached a crisis point, especially in the locker room,” Silver writes. “One player told me, ‘He has zero credibility in that stadium. He had very little to begin with.'”

Silver adds that players were “particularly put off” by the cancellation of a Monday team meeting. “He was too scared,” an unnamed player told Silver.

Meyer reportedly “apologized to position groups individually,” and he claimed that the woman in the videos that surfaced was “just there dancing.” Silver says the audience was “highly skeptical.”

“We looked at him like, WTF?” an unnamed player told Silver. “Right when he left everyone started dying laughing. And he knew it.”

‘It’s bad,” the unnamed player told Silver. “I don’t know how he’s gonna function.”

This supports our theory that owner Shad Khan opted for a strong statement over a pink slip, because a resignation could be coming, if/when Meyer realizes that it will be impossible for him to lead, to teach, to inspire.

WTF has happened to Meyer??

Used to think he was a highly respected coach with his players and now thats out the window..

Maybe its time for Urban to step down and return to college but with this baggage its going to be rough on him..

Great OSU coach for sure..

Hopefully he gets his Life back together..

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Meyer is nothing but a grifter. Always has been, always will be. Him not being able to motivate professional millionaires was extremely predictable. 

I don’t think grifter is the right term. Chase Daniel is a grifter. Lifetime record as a starting QB of 2-3 in 13 years. 1,694 total yards passing. He has made $39 million.  

I would describe Urban using the old school word CAD.  By the way, his wife is pretty cool or at least she was to us last year in Siesta Key. 

EDIT: Just another reason to smoke weed or vape instead of getting drunk.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I don’t think grifter is the right term. Chase Daniel is a grifter. Lifetime record as a starting QB of 2-3 in 13 years. 1,694 total yards passing. He has made $39 million.  

I would describe Urban using the old school word CAD.  By the way, his wife is pretty cool or at least she was to us last year in Siesta Key. 

EDIT: Just another reason to smoke weed or vape instead of getting drunk.  

HIs wife is a nurse and is some anti-vax shithead on twitter.   She deserves him.

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Used to think he was a highly respected coach with his players and now thats out the window..

Maybe its time for Urban to step down and return to college but with this baggage its going to be rough on him..

If he calls USC tomorrow, that job is his.  His baggage is nothing in college football circles

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

College players, maybe, had respect for him because he held their futures in his hands. Pro players control their own destiny (for the most part) and they’re not going to listen to an autocratic coach.

16 hours ago, SF2 said:

I was reading something on Reddit - they were saying that Urban and his wife were swingers or something? First I heard on that, but dying to hear more... heh!

There seems to be a massive overreaction to the video of Meyer sitting at the bar of a restaurant he owns. Some babe is dancing against him and he clearly doesn't mind. But so what? He'd given the team the weekend off after the Thursday night game. That's pretty common. High status male attracts beautiful younger woman? That's pretty common too. 

The media proclaims he's lost the trust of his players. Why? 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

There seems to be a massive overreaction to the video of Meyer sitting at the bar of a restaurant he owns. Some babe is dancing against him and he clearly doesn't mind. But so what? He'd given the team the weekend off after the Thursday night game. That's pretty common. High status male attracts beautiful younger woman? That's pretty common too. 

I feel like the only person who should care is Meyer's wife.

3 hours ago, membengal said:

There was a second video that showed him giving her an oil check. That's after he claimed it was only him trying to be pulled out onto the dance floor. The second video given how he spun this is...problematic for him. 

What was he using for a dip stick?

:ninja:

On 10/5/2021 at 5:33 PM, tibor75 said:

If he calls USC tomorrow, that job is his.  His baggage is nothing in college football circles

Actually, USC is about control so I doubt Meyer would go there.  Then again I never thought he would go to Jacksonville or any pro team for the exact same reason. 

18 hours ago, sparky151 said:

He doesn’t actually own it.  My son works at Urban’s Pint House and while Meyer has some equity in the place he is not the owner. 

Archived