2021 Opponents news thread

I was forced to watch the second half of the Ravens/Vikings game yesterday.  Combine that with what we've seen the past few weeks from the Bengals and I'm here to say the Bengals defense was never that good.  If there is an offensive line that is worse than the Bengals it may be the Ravens.  They cannot pass protect at all.  Just like the Bengals, the Vikings were rushing 4,  DEs were trying to maintain contain and Jackson had little time when he stayed in the pocket.  The Ravens have little running game except for Jackson.  Lamar has damn near nothing to work with there.  He is doing amazing work just keeping them in games.

I'll look in on the improved Squealers tonight.  Unless they impress me I would say the Browns are the class of the division.  Both of their lines are legit.  If Mayfield can just manage the game and hand off the ball they will go far.

24 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I was forced to watch the second half of the Ravens/Vikings game yesterday.  Combine that with what we've seen the past few weeks from the Bengals and I'm here to say the Bengals defense was never that good.  If there is an offensive line that is worse than the Bengals it may be the Ravens.  They cannot pass protect at all.  Just like the Bengals, the Vikings were rushing 4,  DEs were trying to maintain contain and Jackson had little time when he stayed in the pocket.  The Ravens have little running game except for Jackson.  Lamar has damn near nothing to work with there.  He is doing amazing work just keeping them in games.

I'll look in on the improved Squealers tonight.  Unless they impress me I would say the Browns are the class of the division.  Both of their lines are legit.  If Mayfield can just manage the game and hand off the ball they will go far.

Ill say this again..

Lemar Jackson is one of the most exciting QBs ever...supreme threat 

passing and running..

The Browns built Geat Lines on both sides and theyre a true contender now..

This division is hell to play in..for ALL of them...

1 minute ago, esjbh2 said:

The Bears are getting shafted by the refs in MNF.  Coincidence that they're playing the Stealers at home?

No shit.  At least the announcers are saying something about it…not that it will do any good.  Hopefully we don’t have this officiating crew in our game against the stealers.  

30 minutes ago, saphead said:

The internet all abuzz about the ref clown show last night and another fixed game for you know who. Why is it that the inbred pieces of shit are almost always involved in these fixed games?  hmmmm...

Yes, that was a pretty pathetic performance by the refs…unless their goal was to make sure the stealers won. 

However, it was refreshing to at least hear the announcers making a fuss about it.  Usually the announcers just play along.

Not sure that any changes will come from it.  

At least for playoff games, they should make sure that no official is from the area (or has ties to the area) represented by one of the teams.  Otherwise, you get a ticky-tacky OPI call in the end zone (a call that would usually not be made) in the Super Bowl. [The back judge in the Seahawks/stealer Super Bowl that made that call grew up near Pissburg.]

Sirius NFL channel this morning has been all about the shit reffing including dumb taunting calls and lack of calls on hitting younger QBs late and of course the phantom call yesterday taking back a TD. 

It is the same in all major sports leagues, but in the NFL more than any other bad calls are becoming game determining calls. 

15 hours ago, Cricket said:

No shit.  At least the announcers are saying something about it…not that it will do any good.  Hopefully we don’t have this officiating crew in our game against the stealers.  

I think we already had them when we played the Jets.

:ninja:... I honestly don't know.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Raiders did the right thing here.  Not sure why it’s their fault.  Bad look on the Buckeyes though.  

I'll let ICD speak for himself here but I took his point as the Raiders created this mess by taking some HUGE flyers (first round??) on questionable players like Arnette.  We know this "logic" very well from the early/mid 2000's Bengals (granted this is coupled with Mayock falsely believing he's got some sort of savant-ism).  I also agree that the Buckeyes didn't do anybody (the player, the Raiders) any favours by trying to sell the kid, but what else is new?  These schools can't do anything to endanger the precious recruiting, right?  Up to and including speaking highly of players they know are shitheads.

43 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

I'll let ICD speak for himself here but I took his point as the Raiders created this mess by taking some HUGE flyers (first round??) on questionable players like Arnette.  We know this "logic" very well from the early/mid 2000's Bengals (granted this is coupled with Mayock falsely believing he's got some sort of savant-ism).  I also agree that the Buckeyes didn't do anybody (the player, the Raiders) any favours by trying to sell the kid, but what else is new?  These schools can't do anything to endanger the precious recruiting, right?  Up to and including speaking highly of players they know are shitheads.

I wasn’t aware that Annette had a history, but shouldn’t be surprised by a kid recruited by Meyer.  

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Raiders did the right thing here.  Not sure why it’s their fault.  Bad look on the Buckeyes though.  

From what I understand, there were people at Ohio State who warned teams about him.  The fact that Vegas drafted him at 19 when many teams had him off their board is the Raider’s fault. 

Still, at least they didn’t double down and this incident was the final straw, not the first one. 

Archived