2021 Opponents news thread

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

The Bengals lead the league in Fewest penalties..and fewest penalty yardage...

Theyve committed 40 so far which is 8 fewer than the Rams..

League average is 65.. 

AFCN..

(1).    .Cincinnati. ..40

(9)......Baltimore.. .58

(15).....Shit City.....66

(31).....Cleveland...81

I'm thinking the Stealers would be dead last at #32 if the refs actually called a fair game...especially when its a Stealers home game...hell the Bears game was good for at least a half dozen.  66 is a laughable.

The NFL made a schedule announcement for Week 15 on Tuesday with two games now slated for Saturday instead of Sunday.

The Cleveland Browns will host the Las Vegas Raiders at 4:30 p.m. ET on Dec. 18 followed by the New England Patriots visiting the Indianapolis Colts in prime time at 8:20 p.m. ET. Both games will air on NFL Network.

Broncos-Chiefs moved to primetime

Additionally, the Week 13 AFC West matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and Denver Broncos on Dec. 5 has been flexed into the 6:20 p.m. ET NBC "Sunday Night Football" slot. It will replace the originally scheduled Sunday night game between the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks that will now be played at 4:25 p.m. ET. 

On 11/23/2021 at 6:42 AM, High School Harry said:

Thanksgiving Turkey...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bears-expected-to-start-andy-dalton-at-qb-on-thanksgiving-004740682.html

Report: Bears expected to start Andy Dalton in place of injured Justin Fields on Thanksgiving

hi-res-b104ff7b6d5b961dbaf6e6d386e1fbb3_crop_north.jpg.df912dc0bd55dc5f7f1addcb2ee2c50e.thumb.jpg.4320f38e49c6a3205d0bbbefb4b2cfb8.jpg

Well….

“Chicago took a 13-9 lead on a 49-yard pass from Andy Dalton to Marquise Goodwin with just 1:41 left before Huntley led the Ravens on a 75-yard scoring driving that was capped off by a 3-yard run by Devonta Freeman with 22 seconds remaining”

9 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Well….

“Chicago took a 13-9 lead on a 49-yard pass from Andy Dalton to Marquise Goodwin with just 1:41 left before Huntley led the Ravens on a 75-yard scoring driving that was capped off by a 3-yard run by Devonta Freeman with 22 seconds remaining”

hi-res-b104ff7b6d5b961dbaf6e6d386e1fbb3_crop_north.jpg.df912dc0bd55dc5f7f1addcb2ee2c50e.thumb.jpg.4320f38e49c6a3205d0bbbefb4b2cfb8.jpg

22 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Well….

He looked BAD. Not sure if it was miscommunication or what, but he was throwing to nobody a LOT.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Every year, almost all fans, on Thanksgiving, are thankful their team is not the Lions. 

Think of the old days…you know like the times playing on Thanksgiving in Tiger Stadium….slogging in the crap…beating hell out of QB’s when they were allowed to..

image.jpeg.0125cd7ca37b68d50e606ae1af28caaf.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Think of the old days…you know like the times playing on Thanksgiving in Tiger Stadium….slogging in the crap…beating hell out of QB’s when they were allowed to..

image.jpeg.0125cd7ca37b68d50e606ae1af28caaf.jpeg

Ah the days of Bobby Layne and Doak Walker..in the 50's...

This looks like Alex Karras in the background so its the early 60's .

The Lions have lost 9 straight playoff games a continuing record...

You talk about a line of busts at QB in the past 50yrs..

Truly a great team at being bad..

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Ah the days of Bobby Layne and Doak Walker..in the 50's...

This looks like Alex Karras in the background so its the early 60's .

The Lions have lost 9 straight playoff games a continuing record...

You talk about a line of busts at QB in the past 50yrs..

Truly a great team at being bad..

I had a friend back in the later ‘60’s, whose dad roomed with Dick LeBeau at OSU. LeBeau gave him tickets for a game, and he took my friend and I along. It was at Tiger Stadium, and they played the Eagles. The place was a dreary dump, the weather awful, and even though I was hardly a pro football expert at that young age, a totally wretched game. The only player I knew was LeBeau (Karras I think was too). The Lions…as one might figure…lost. 

All these years later, and it’s still fresh in my memory banks. 

41 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I had a friend back in the later ‘60’s, whose dad roomed with Dick LeBeau at OSU. LeBeau gave him tickets for a game, and he took my friend and I along. It was at Tiger Stadium, and they played the Eagles. The place was a dreary dump, the weather awful, and even though I was hardly a pro football expert at that young age, a totally wretched game. The only player I knew was LeBeau (Karras I think was too). The Lions…as one might figure…lost. 

All these years later, and it’s still fresh in my memory banks. 

Tks for sharing..

Memories....everlasting..

14 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

11-23 201 yds 2-TD’s (60yds and 49 yds)—the last one should have been the game winner. 

The hate runs deep with this crowd for some reason 

What are you talking about? I actually am quite fond of Andy... you won't find me bashing him anywhere on here. That was my observation from watching the game, so I get lumped in as 'hating him'?

1 hour ago, Cat said:

What are you talking about? I actually am quite fond of Andy... you won't find me bashing him anywhere on here. That was my observation from watching the game, so I get lumped in as 'hating him'?

My apologies to you.

A general statement was made, as for some reason, anything which goes bad for Andy, causes posts to be made in derision. 

It is there, and I would think there is agreement as to that point?

17 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

11-23 201 yds 2-TD’s (60yds and 49 yds)—the last one should have been the game winner. 

The hate runs deep with this crowd for some reason 

some reason?

yeah I can’t believe a guy who sucked for multiple playoff games and threw a total of 1 TD pass in those games wouldn’t be worshipped by a fan base 

imagine if he had that track record playing for an East Coast team? 

One of the worst playoff QBs in NFL history 

8 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

some reason?

yeah I can’t believe a guy who sucked for multiple playoff games and threw a total of 1 TD pass in those games wouldn’t be worshipped by a fan base 

imagine if he had that track record playing for an East Coast team? 

One of the worst playoff QBs in NFL history 

Hilarious, Doctor. 😄

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

My apologies to you.

A general statement was made, as for some reason, anything which goes bad for Andy, causes posts to be made in derision. 

It is there, and I would think there is agreement as to that point?

Of course. I was hoping he would come in for Fields and kick ass, but he looked rough. 

I don't get the hate for him. Yeah he didn't do well in the playoffs, neither did the team around him. Or the coach, for that matter. But at least he never quit on the team.

Archived