2021 Opponents news thread

9 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

On a positive note, Winnipeg Blue Bombers just won the Grey Cup again, former Bearcat Zachary Collaros was the game MVP and the MVP for the league this year. 

Congratulations to them. 

I was amazed they could make it past the Riders, after turning the ball over as many times as they did. 

Two long-time National Football League stars and former Cincinnati Bengals teammates - Los Angeles Rams offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth and Arizona Cardinals wide receiver A.J. Green - reached career milestones during the Rams' win against the Cardinals on Monday Night Football.

Whitworth and Green played together in Cincinnati from 2011 to 2016. Whitworth is in his fifth season with the Rams, and Green is in his first with Arizona.

Whitworth became the first left tackle in NFL history to start a game at age 40, per ESPN's Lindsey Thiry. The second-round pick of the Bengals in the 2006 NFL Draft played in 168 games over 11 seasons in Cincinnati.

And Green became one of just five active NFL players - along with Cardinals teammate DeAndre Hopkins, the Titans' Julio Jones, the Buccaneers' Antonio Brown and the Raiders' DeSean Jackson - and 50th in league history to reach 10,000 career receiving yards.

2 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

Urban Meyer fired by the Jags.  Wow!  Never even given a chance. 

Meyer was toxic as a pro HC...

Saw a side of him that was ugly.

Trevor Lawrence can finally relax

Instead of playing scared under 

this unraveled coach..

Maybe young Joe Brady gets a chance.

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Maybe young Joe Brady David Klingler gets a chance.

FWIW... I did a Yahoo search, found the worse 15 NFL quarterbacks of all time and two were Bengals.

David Klingler and Akili Smith.  Per the article, the all time worse was JaMarcus Russel although there

were some notable names on there.  

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Meyer was toxic as a pro HC...

Saw a side of him that was ugly.

You think that just started in the NFL?  Celebrity college coaches are basically gods and can do damn near anything they want.  Meyer's behavior makes me think of a great Abraham Lincoln quote:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

20 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

You think that just started in the NFL?  Celebrity college coaches are basically gods and can do damn near anything they want.  Meyer's behavior makes me think of a great Abraham Lincoln quote:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Great point...

Archived