2021 Opponents news thread

11 minutes ago, Cricket said:

The Bengals are currently the third seed, aren’t they?  Assuming that we DO hold on to win the division, I believe we could finish as second, third, or fourth seed…so we could end up hosting any one of the wild card teams.

Assuming that we cannot finish as the top seed [Is that a possibility?], finishing as the second seed and hosting the Raiders would be ideal.  All of the other teams battling for wildcard slots look dangerous.  IMO

🦗

Bengals win out, Cheifs lose out, (and Titans lose out), Bengals are the #1 seed.

Edit to add I think the Titans only have to lose one and we win out, but the Cheifs have to lose out.

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

The Bengals are currently the third seed, aren’t they?  Assuming that we DO hold on to win the division, I believe we could finish as second, third, or fourth seed…so we could end up hosting any one of the wild card teams.

Assuming that we cannot finish as the top seed [Is that a possibility?], finishing as the second seed and hosting the Raiders would be ideal.  All of the other teams battling for wildcard slots look dangerous.  IMO

🦗

Jamie is correct in his path to #1 Seed scenarios. 

Did another look at the Raiders. They would have a path to play the Bengals as the 5th Seed--but only if they win out, and NE loses to the Fish on the final day. And, I am factoring going 1-1 for the Bengals, to play as the 4th Seed.  

21 minutes ago, MOC said:

Wasn't sure where to post this? The tributes just keep pouring in :steelerssuck:

https://www.sfgate.com/sports-columns/article/a-proper-send-off-for-Stealers-ben-roethlisberger-16748606.php

We all knew what a vile  being he was..

Nothing good to say about his character....

The comment by Griese about "mistakes" was weak .

Big Jen is a repulsive pos..

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

We all knew what a vile  being he was..

Nothing good to say about his character....

The comment by Griese about "mistakes" was weak .

Big Jen is a repulsive pos..

I'm no fan either but who cares what color his male part is?

3 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I'm no fan either but who cares what color his male part is?

…the jury, when considering the evidence diligently put together by the police.  

Oh, wait, that never happened…

Never mind.  😎

On 1/2/2022 at 7:54 PM, Le Tigre said:

The Stealers have a REALLY long shot, but ran many scenarios on Playoff Machine, and the Rats look out

The stealers only need one other thing to happen besides winning their game while the rats have 3 teams they need to lose to get in and the common denominator for both is Indy losing. I see no way that happens. The jags have no fight. I can see the bills sleeping on the jets and losing, but not Indy. Taylor will have 200 yards and 3 TDs at halftime, then they can rest everybody in the second half. But you never know.

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

The stealers only need one other thing to happen besides winning their game while the rats have 3 teams they need to lose to get in and the common denominator for both is Indy losing. I see no way that happens. The jags have no fight. I can see the bills sleeping on the jets and losing, but not Indy. Taylor will have 200 yards and 3 TDs at halftime, then they can rest everybody in the second half. But you never know.

I'll say it again. The way this season has gone, I'm not discounting anything. 

31 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

I'll say it again. The way this season has gone, I'm not discounting anything. 

I am having a genuinely hard time seeing the RAVENS laying down for the Stealers on Sunday in Baltimore. I don't really see any way in hell Pittsburgh wins that game. 

6 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

The evidence before the court is

incontrovertible

there's no need for the jury to retire...

In all my years of judging
I have never heard before
Of someone more deserving
Of the full penalty of law
The way you made them suffer
Your exquisite wife and mother
Fills me with the urge to defecate

Archived