2021 Opponents news thread

Often on Facebook I get a memory reminder from years before.  Sometimes I remember those moments…and sometimes I have no recollection at all.  

Does anyone remember this game from 9/22/13.  My post:  “Way to pull it out, Bengals...in one weird game. Bengals scored the first 14 points, then the Packers scored 30 unanswered points (and a 16-point lead)...then the Bengals with 20 unanswered points for a 34-30 victory.”

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

Often on Facebook I get a memory reminder from years before.  Sometimes I remember those moments…and sometimes I have no recollection at all.  

Doed anyone remember this game from 9/22/13.  My post:  “Way to pull it out, Bengals...in one weird game. Bengals scored the first 14 points, then the Packers scored 30 unanswered points (and a 16-point lead)...then the Bengals with 20 unanswered points for a 34-30 victory.”

I was there. The  Newman fumble return TD, and Michael Johnson batting down a 4th down pass from Rodgers. 

On 9/22/2021 at 8:26 AM, Cricket said:

Does anyone remember this game from 9/22/13.  My post:  “Way to pull it out, Bengals...in one weird game. Bengals scored the first 14 points, then the Packers scored 30 unanswered points (and a 16-point lead)...then the Bengals with 20 unanswered points for a 34-30 victory.”

Pet peeve of mine.  Incorrect use of the word "unanswered."  Unanswered is not the same as consecutive.

The Packers points were not unanswered....the Bengals answered them in abundance.  I'm always amazed how announcers use the term incorrectly. 

30 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Pet peeve of mine.  Incorrect use of the word "unanswered."  Unanswered is not the same as consecutive.

The Packers points were not unanswered....the Bengals answered them in abundance.  I'm always amazed how announcers use the term incorrectly. 

It is understood (by most) to be “unanswered” during the period of time that the team put up those points.  I will continue to use this word in this fashion.

in order to avoid experiencing such a pet peeve, please be sure to put me on ignore.

🦗

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

It is understood (by most) to be “unanswered” during the period of time that the team put up those points.  I will continue to use this word in this fashion.

in order to avoid experiencing such a pet peeve, please be sure to put me on ignore.

🦗

Haha.  Well the final score in a consecutive stretch would be answered, correct?

I won't put you on ignore.  Unlike other thin skinned people or those who whine because they don't like what others have to say, I like to see all the opinions of the stew that is a Bengals message board. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

PITTSBURGH -- For the second game in a row, the Pittsburgh Stealers will be without one of their top receivers.

Chase Claypool was downgraded to out against the Green Bay Packers, the team announced Saturday, because of a hamstring injury suffered in practice.

In other news, the Giants John Ross was downgraded from shitty to Really Shitty. 

21 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

In other news, the Giants John Ross was downgraded from shitty to Really Shitty. 

Hey he scored a TD today.  At this rate he may finally crack the 1000 career yards in his 5th year.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Hey he scored a TD today.  At this rate he may finally crack the 1000 career yards in his 5th year.  

Let it be known that the TD was a bit of a circus show... he caught a 50-yard bomb, fumbled it into the end zone, the two defenders didn't notice after they attempted to tackle him and he jumped on it.

To be fair to him, he made a couple key catches in OT for them.

Archived