2021 Opponents news thread

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I think the Bengals have more than three wide receivers, (ie I'm agreeing with you).  I still think Tate is an underused possession weapon and that I was WRONG about my original assessment of Kyle Irwin.  Like to see him get some reps as a punt returner rather than Brandon Tate Phillips.

As far as the Sewell/Chase thing.  Some people are still beating the :fistpump:dead horse.  Two posters said something to me about my "not Marvin" stuff being old and I quit.

On the other hand if you want to keep ripping Marvin...go for it.  Who are you hurting?  If it gives you a chuckle it's fine.  This telling everyone how they should post is for the birds. 

10 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Fair point. I should stop playing that game.  It's ridiculous. 

No, no,no... I wasn't talking about you and the Andy Dalton dead horse.

Actually, I've not even noticed.

It's the "Dullard" shit that is as old as Cleopatra's tampon.

Andy and Marvin are now long gone and I don't think anyone regrets it.

Bit of trivia I picked up and can't find source...

Who was the last Bengals coach to start a season 3-1?

Marvin Lewis.

He finished 6-10 and was fired.

Let's hope that history does not repeat itself.

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

No, no,no... I wasn't talking about you and the Andy Dalton dead horse.

Actually, I've not even noticed.

It's the "Dullard" shit that is as old as Cleopatra's tampon.

Andy and Marvin are now long gone and I don't think anyone regrets it.

Bit of trivia I picked up and can't find source...

Who was the last Bengals coach to start a season 3-1?

Marvin Lewis.

He finished 6-10 and was fired.

Let's hope that history does not repeat itself.

Seriously, who is being hurt by "Dullard?"  If you want to rip Marv folks can get over it.  If you want to please others you are fine to stop ripping Marv, but you surely don't have to.  Yeah, Tibor is abrasive.  Part of  his charm...at least to me.  I have a little "grumpy old man" in me.  As if you couldn't tell.

As far as the Chase/Sewell thing it is a dead horse.  We have Chase and he's a good one.  You can't have an argument with one person, so I need to stop taking the bait on all these "Look Sewell sucks we were right" posts. 

The Bengals have had a soft start to the season, but for a team that has won 6 games in two years any win is a good win.  I expect they will have their struggles with better teams, but that's OK.  At this point it's all about making progress and it appears they are doing just that.

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Seriously, who is being hurt by "Dullard?"  If you want to rip Marv folks can get over it.  If you want to please others you are fine to stop ripping Marv, but you surely don't have to.  Yeah, Tibor is abrasive.  Part of  his charm...at least to me.  I have a little "grumpy old man" in me.  As if you couldn't tell.

As far as the Chase/Sewell thing it is a dead horse.  We have Chase and he's a good one.  You can't have an argument with one person, so I need to stop taking the bait on all these "Look Sewell sucks we were right" posts. 

The Bengals have had a soft start to the season, but for a team that has won 6 games in two years any win is a good win.  I expect they will have their struggles with better teams, but that's OK.  At this point it's all about making progress and it appears they are doing just that.

lolz, smh

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Dude...what team has three WRs as talented as the Bengals?  That's depth.  You are blinded by your obsession with the Sewell/Chase argument that went on months ago.  Your, and others, need to be "right" is so bizarre. 

Chase was drafted to be the #1 receiver period.  On his current trajectory he will be that next year or by week 8 of this year.  

32 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Chase was drafted to be the #1 receiver period.  On his current trajectory he will be that next year or by week 8 of this year.  

I have ZERO complaints or criticisms about where he is and what he is doing now.

Yeah, I know you don't either.  Just sayin'

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Sure.  At some point, but only in the wildest dreams did they think he would be this good this fast.  With the draft of Chase the Bengals became ridiculously deep at WR.  I doesn't matter who is #1,2, or 3.  Both Higgins and Boyd could be in the probowl any year.  Now you add Chase?  I can't think of a better current trio at this point.

39 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Sure.  At some point, but only in the wildest dreams did they think he would be this good this fast.  With the draft of Chase the Bengals became ridiculously deep at WR.  I doesn't matter who is #1,2, or 3.  Both Higgins and Boyd could be in the probowl any year.  Now you add Chase?  I can't think of a better current trio at this point.

Interesting points ...

Love TB's trio but Id go with our guys..

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

At some point, but only in the wildest dreams did they think he would be this good this fast

Huh? Why else would you take a WR number 5 overall if you didn’t expect him to come in and be an ass kicker? Analysts said he was the best WR to come out since AJ and Julio….look at how good those two were as rooks. 

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Huh? Why else would you take a WR number 5 overall if you didn’t expect him to come in and be an ass kicker? Analysts said he was the best WR to come out since AJ and Julio….look at how good those two were as rooks. 

to be a backup for when Higgins went down obviously 

Jeezus....you guys are something.  The point is singular.  Even if everyone in the world should have known that a guy taking a year off from football would kick everyone's ass immediately it still creates an incredibly strong group of 3 WRs.  I can't think of a current team like it.  Depth.  The logic isn't hard if you aren't just trying to prove me wrong no matter what. 

Everyone said Sewell was the best OT prospect in who knows how long.  How is that working out so far?  You never know until they play. 

23 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Bengal fans are used to Andy Dullton.  They aren't aware that a good/great QB is able to make plays even when the OL doesn't do their job. 

At this point in his career Dalton was 12-8, had been to the playoffs and had been selected to the pro bowl.  

Absolutely NOTHING was expected of Dalton that first year.  No, his time was up here but he played way better than his draft slot the first few years.  

8 minutes ago, SF2 said:

At this point in his career Dalton was 12-8, had been to the playoffs and had been selected to the pro bowl.  

Absolutely NOTHING was expected of Dalton that first year.  No, his time was up here but he played way better than his draft slot the first few years.  

Very true.

Problem was that Dullton didn't get that much better.  He had a very high floor and a low ceiling.  He looked like a total bum against Watt in the playoffs his rookie year.  And looked even worse against San Diego years later - fumbling like a bum without even being touched on 3rd down scramble comes to mind.

If he never broke his thumb what would have happened?  Of course he broke it throwing an interception.  Typical.

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Jeezus....you guys are something.  The point is singular.  Even if everyone in the world should have known that a guy taking a year off from football would kick everyone's ass immediately it still creates an incredibly strong group of 3 WRs.  I can't think of a current team like it.  Depth.  The logic isn't hard if you aren't just trying to prove me wrong no matter what. 

Everyone said Sewell was the best OT prospect in who knows how long.  How is that working out so far?  You never know until they play. 

We probably won’t be able to keep all three if Higgins and Chase continue their current trajectory.  Higgins and Boyd are FAs in 2024 and Higgins, as a second rounder doesn’t have a 5th year option.  Higgins would probably demand a new contract after next year if he continues to play well. Nature of the beast.  

Most teams would love to have this problem. 

Archived