2021 Opponents news thread

9 minutes ago, membengal said:

So...Dunlap is all the way up to ONE HALF OF ONE SACK this year. Yup, he's killing it. Good save, Earl. Are you actually Elise Jesse? Or maybe this is a burner account for Dunlap? He's doing the same crap in Seattle that wore out his welcome with LouA here now that he has been paid again. But, okey dokey.

Again, from that piece...tell me this isn't what ended his stay here (other than, yaknow, his quitting):

"But while Dunlap has made a few key plays as the season has progressed, he's also seemingly gone into ghost mode for long stretches of play, disappearing for quarters at a time. Shockingly, on three different occasions this year, he hasn't recorded a single stat in a game, including recording zero tackles and zero quarterback hits in Pittsburgh last weekend."

My brother is a Hawks fan and last night he said "I just never hear his name" referring to Dunlap. The guy has talent but just does not bring it play after play. How good would he have been if he had the attitude like Hubbard?

18 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

What kind of crap is that?  She talks about how Dunlap made important plays on third down to force punts against the Stealers in one paragraph and then shreds him in the next for not generating any stats vs. Pittsburgh? 

I noticed the Seahawks were harassing Winston consistently last night.  Lo and behold...Dunlap with 2 tackles, 3 assists and half a sack.  Hit piece indeed.  These jackass reporters wonder why no one wants to talk to them. 

That author is Corbin Smith. Who is "she"? 

14 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

My brother is a Hawks fan and last night he said "I just never hear his name" referring to Dunlap. The guy has talent but just does not bring it play after play. How good would he have been if he had the attitude like Hubbard?

wasn't that the knock on him coming out of college?

19 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

He was so frustrating. Devastating when he felt like it. But you never knew when that was. Even within games.

39 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

He's getting up there in (football) years. Maybe he shouldn't be in there play after play. 

4 minutes ago, gupps said:

He's getting up there in (football) years. Maybe he shouldn't be in there play after play. 

I think that was the issue here last yr. Lou A just wanted him in there on pass rushing downs and Dunlap pouted

1 hour ago, membengal said:

He was so frustrating. Devastating when he felt like it. But you never knew when that was. Even within games.

Agree with that part.  Dunlap is a player, when he wants to be. 

Just the same, I thought the article was inconsistent and pretty much a hit piece.  Not sure why you want to do that. 

39 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Agree with that part.  Dunlap is a player, when he wants to be. 

Just the same, I thought the article was inconsistent and pretty much a hit piece.  Not sure why you want to do that. 

I didn't see it as a hit piece. It looked more to me like yet another team reporter documenting the exact same issues that were his downfall here. 

On 10/25/2021 at 7:07 AM, High School Harry said:

One of my major brain worms is how many face palms and pink slips were issued

by the advertising agency that came up with those dumb ass commercials.

Next season Joe Burrow and Ja'marr Chase are going to be on TV

more than the Kardashians. 

If they choose to be. I could see Ja'marr in commercials, but Joe B. just doesn't strike me as the type to seek that kind of exposure. You don't even see him in the Nissan Heisman House commercials. 

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

If they choose to be. I could see Ja'marr in commercials, but Joe B. just doesn't strike me as the type to seek that kind of exposure. You don't even see him in the Nissan Heisman House commercials. 

If the Bengals win a playoff game he will be in those commercials next year.

4 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

That author is Corbin Smith. Who is "she"? 

You are correct.  I misread mem's post.  I thought it actually was an article from Elise Jesse.  My bad on the "she" comment.  My opinion was probably jaded thinking it was written by her.  I still think the article was chaotic praising him for things he did in the Pittsburgh game and then trashing him for the lack of stats in the same game.  Not everything a player does will give them a statistic, and some statistics are misleading.  See Carl Lawson and pressures. 

3 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

You are correct.  I misread mem's post.  I thought it actually was an article from Elise Jesse.  My bad on the "she" comment.  My opinion was probably jaded thinking it was written by her.  I still think the article was chaotic praising him for things he did in the Pittsburgh game and then trashing him for the lack of stats in the same game.  Not everything a player does will give them a statistic, and some statistics are misleading.  See Carl Lawson and pressures. 

The point was pretty obvious: his play is hot and cold. Do you disagree with this? You want another source? There's this from Seahawk fans:

Dunlap’s lack of production — at least in the traditional stats — is indeed beginning to become a storyline worth watching.

Dunlap has no sacks and just two quarterback hits and three tackles in six games.

That contrasts to five sacks and 14 quarterback hits in eight games a year ago after he was acquired in a trade with the Bengals and helped revive Seattle’s pass rush to such an extent that no team in the NFL had more sacks over the last 10 games than the Seahawks’ 37.

But I note that those are the traditional stats because the advanced stats of Pro Football Focus portray Dunlap more favorably.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-mailbag-answering-your-questions-about-carlos-dunlap-the-running-game-and-dk-metcalf/

Personally I thought his play was outstanding before he got the big contract. I also think he pouted when Lou A came in. If not for this year I'd say the problem was Lou, but now Lou has earned his stripes and Dunlap is back to disappearing. 

13 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

My jab was at Jesse for her hit piece last year that was basically ghost written by Dunlap. Was making a joke that she will probably write another “anonymous source” article claiming unrest in Seattle locker room…

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

The point was pretty obvious: his play is hot and cold. Do you disagree with this? You want another source? There's this from Seahawk fans:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-mailbag-answering-your-questions-about-carlos-dunlap-the-running-game-and-dk-metcalf/

Personally I thought his play was outstanding before he got the big contract. I also think he pouted when Lou A came in. If not for this year I'd say the problem was Lou, but now Lou has earned his stripes and Dunlap is back to disappearing. 

Relax.  I agree his play is hot and cold.  I also think it was a poorly written article no matter the message.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

My jab was at Jesse for her hit piece last year that was basically ghost written by Dunlap. Was making a joke that she will probably write another “anonymous source” article claiming unrest in Seattle locker room…

Ha!  Isn't she gone?

2 hours ago, Montana Bengal said:

Anyone seen a recent update on Geno?  Seems to be a free agent still. 

From what I read it seems that Geno wants to be signed to the main roster as opposed to joining the practice squad first. Unfortunately that's what teams seem to be doing with guys like Geno, even if you're a potential HOF guy,

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

What uniform will the Bengals wear ths week?

I saw white jerseys but not the pants..

I wish they woukd make the white jersey/white pants the default uni. It's clean and a relief from the black and orange splatter-cloth  of the old ones.

Archived