2021 Opponents news thread

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Man Trevor Lawrence looks gawd-awful. Let’s see what the national media has to say about that. Likely not much I’m gonna say. 

Btw, Lawrence and Urban are a terrible fit, IMO. A guy like Taysom Hill would have been a much better fit there. They should have done whatever it took to acquire Hill (within reason) and then traded that number one pick for a kings ransoms. They would be much much further along than they are right now, IMO. 

Who  thought the Jags wouldn't take Lawrence?

I didnt....you didnt...

How many snaps has he taken?

Ease up a bit ..

17 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Who  thought the Jags wouldn't take Lawrence?

I didnt....you didnt...

How many snaps has he taken?

Ease up a bit ..

Its more of an indictment on Urban Meyer than it is on Lawrence. His offense isn’t really suited for the type of game that Lawrence plays. I seriously doubt it works out for either of them when it’s all said and done. 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Its more of an indictment on Urban Meyer than it is on Lawrence. His offense isn’t really suited for the type of game that Lawrence plays. I seriously doubt it works out for either of them when it’s all said and done. 

Agree about Meyer in some aspects..

Hes very intelligent and im thinking they both adapt as the season progresses but I see them having a top 3 pick in 2022 regardless..

5 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Andy Dullton is the Bears starter for week 1 - so likely will be the starter for Week 2 against Cincinnati.

Can't wait for him to fail miserably.

Actually, I can see Dalton getting killed in game 1 on the road against the Rams behind the Bear’s shitty line.  

The fans will demand Fields and what a perfect time to bring him in (on paper) home against the Bengals. 

In any case the Bears schedule is pretty harsh early on. 

On 8/23/2021 at 9:34 PM, spicoli said:

Man Trevor Lawrence looks gawd-awful. Let’s see what the national media has to say about that. Likely not much I’m gonna say. 

Btw, Lawrence and Urban are a terrible fit, IMO. A guy like Taysom Hill would have been a much better fit there. They should have done whatever it took to acquire Hill (within reason) and then traded that number one pick for a kings ransoms. They would be much much further along than they are right now, IMO. 

I don’t have much faith in Urban doing well there.  That team looked terrible and some of the play calling was horrible.  He won’t have far superior athletes on the field 11 out of 13 games like college.  

I will be interested to see how both Lawrence  and Fields do. Granted Fields can absolutely fly and I think he won’t need to do as much on offense.   Neither is used to having to get rid of the ball so fast. 

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

I don’t have much faith in Urban doing well there.  That team looked terrible and some of the play calling was horrible.  He won’t have far superior athletes on the field 11 out of 13 games like college.  

Outside of Pete Carroll I can't think of many college coaches that have had much success in the NFL.  Talent levels aren't as drastic as SF mentions, but coaches don't have total iron fisted control like they can have in college.  Professionals don't have to take their shit. 

32 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Outside of Pete Carroll I can't think of many college coaches that have had much success in the NFL.  Talent levels aren't as drastic as SF mentions, but coaches don't have total iron fisted control like they can have in college.  Professionals don't have to take their shit. 

Homer Rice? He killed it in the NFL

20 hours ago, spicoli said:

Uh, you do know he's not running the same offense as at OSU, right? It's Darrell Bevell's offense. That's why they took Lawrence instead of trading the pick and drafting Fields later. Or signing JT Barrett.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Uh, you do know he's not running the same offense as at OSU, right? It's Darrell Bevell's offense. That's why they took Lawrence instead of trading the pick and drafting Fields later. Or signing JT Barrett.

Its Bevell’s offense to a point I’d say. Urban is still going to be Urban. Look I love the guy but I don’t see things ever working out for him in the NFL. I just can’t see NFL players buying in is all. 

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Harblow had success with Stanford and then the 9ers. Hope he keeps up his great work with that team up north.

Since I live in Balt, I see all Ravens pre-season games (if I deign to tune in). They are playing WFT - and had their first string O in on first drive and JK Dobbins took a hit to his knee and it bent very awkwardly and he had to be helped off with no weight being placed on his hurt knee.  Straight to the medical tent. 

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Since I live in Balt, I see all Ravens pre-season games (if I deign to tune in). They are playing WFT - and had their first string O in on first drive and JK Dobbins took a hit to his knee and it bent very awkwardly and he had to be helped off with no weight being placed on his hurt knee.  Straight to the medical tent. 

Knees aren't supposed to do that.

Archived