WFT preseason game

13 hours ago, SF2 said:

You know, you can turn signatures off. I haven’t had them on for 10 years plus because they took forever to load on my phone in the 3G era. I don’t even know what my signature is. I think it’s the date of our last playoff game win. 

Ah, didn't know that....thx!

7 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

I have had siggies turned off for years now, and it makes the site much more tolerable.  I mean, that and having some key people on ignore.  ;) 

Just turned off Signatures and it's a beautiful thing...all those gigantic eye-sores gone.

So nobody is talking about alligator arms Chase?  He should’ve caught those passes.  He looked scared to me because he was going to take a hit.  I thought this guy was a beast?  Sewell looked pretty good btw and you can see him live tonight on nfl network against the Stoolers.  Whoever asked about Spain, he did hold, but he didn’t need to do that as Mixon was already past him.  The blown TE play again is our freaking LBs.  I believe it was Evans.  He screwed up a few times.  I did not watch the whole game as I knew they would be playing the guys to cut. 

5 hours ago, membengal said:

fwiw - the initial PFF grades on starting o-line in pass sets were quite good (which comported with my in-person thought anyway):

too bad they've pretty much said Hopkins is our opening day starting center , even though he will play no preseason.  i hope i'm wrong but i figure if thats what happens we will have a game of him "getting used to the speed", then a game him "having a few things to clean up" , then probally "he came back too soon but he's getting better"      so what you see now isnt what your gonna get.   (and i hope i'm completely wrong )

1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

So nobody is talking about alligator arms Chase?  He should’ve caught those passes.  He looked scared to me because he was going to take a hit.  I thought this guy was a beast?  Sewell looked pretty good btw and you can see him live tonight on nfl network against the Stoolers.  Whoever asked about Spain, he did hold, but he didn’t need to do that as Mixon was already past him.  The blown TE play again is our freaking LBs.  I believe it was Evans.  He screwed up a few times.  I did not watch the whole game as I knew they would be playing the guys to cut. 

Chase definitely looked nothing like a #1 NFL receiver last night...just plain dropped 3 very catchable balls...whether it was nerves, fear, or whatever will come out over time, but for now he's making me extremely uneasy. Maybe he needs to spend time with his boy Joe B for some private tutalling.

16 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Chase definitely looked nothing like a #1 NFL receiver last night...just plain dropped 3 very catchable balls...whether it was nerves, fear, or whatever will come out over time, but for now he's making me extremely uneasy. Maybe he needs to spend time with his boy Joe B for some private tutalling.

I wonder if part of the reason is that he didn’t play in 2020.  Might take a bit longer for a receiver to get used to receiving in traffic…maybe.  :shrug: 

The good news is that the wide receiver group is solid, and can still be effective until he gets going.

3 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

PFF disagrees with you

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-preseason-week-1-rookie-report-grades-advanced-stats-snaps-2021

Penei Sewell looked rusty, but don't panic — Very few were expecting Sewell — a “generational” talent — to give up a sack on the opening drive of his preseason debut, but that's exactly what happened. And that wasn't all, either, as he made another couple of uncharacteristic mistakes, such as a complete whiff in the run game and a delayed takeoff that led to a lost rep in pass protection.

There was some positive mixed in there to help his PFF grade settle at 66.5 for the game, but it wasn’t pretty from Sewell overall. Let’s not overreact to this, though. Don’t forget that this was Sewell’s first football game since the 2019 season and his first game at right tackle. 

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

I wonder if part of the reason is that he didn’t play in 2020.  Might take a bit longer for a receiver to get used to receiving in traffic…maybe.  :shrug: 

The good news is that the wide receiver group is solid, and can still be effective until he gets going.

Good points!

3 hours ago, Duluoz said:

Jesus f’ing Christ.  The #5 pick in the draft needs to spend time with the starting QB to relearn how to catch a fucking football. 

Maybe Never draft a guy who took a year off because his vagina was itchy. 

“We just have to keep working on it. It’s key our receivers do a great job focusing on catching the ball. He’s getting better every day in a lot of the other details that maybe go unnoticed. We’ll just keep looking improvement there.”

Zac doing his best Marvin impersonation on Ja'Marr

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Jesus f’ing Christ.  The #5 pick in the draft needs to spend time with the starting QB to relearn how to catch a fucking football. 

Maybe Never draft a guy who took a year off because his vagina was itchy. 

In all honesty we already have two very good WRs in Boyd and Higgins. I don’t think it’s a big deal for the offense.  It’s a big deal for the Bengals drafting, but that isn’t a surprise.  Chase will likely bounce back, but for now there are targets for Burrow. 

Eh… something to bitch about.  Hopefully he’ll be fine, but you hate to see it.  It’s not normal.  

Its more important that the OL keeps improving.  If they protect Burrow and open holes for Mixon the Bengals have plenty of receiving weapons and Chase can develop with less pressure. 

Lolz @ the morons losing their shit cause Brandon Allen sucks and was trying to get Chase killed. 

If anything the lack of talent at QB is more alarming than Chase. I'm not worried about Chase at all, he will be fine. Allen was inaccurate and making bad reads all night. He was placing the ball in situations where guys had to expose themselves to big hits to make a play instead of protecting them with better ball placement. 

Schumer was a turn over machine again and Dungy was ok. I would love to see a real vet in the QB room.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I'm wondering if Billy at Center is a preview of Henderson at Guard since besides Spain and developing Smith are not exactly all that and a bag of donuts.

Maybe, but I think it's more to do with Hopkins getting the Burrow treatment and not letting him play yet. Hopefully they both get at least one series next week.

Archived