WFT preseason game

29 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:
34 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

You should go look at who I picked in Jason's draft pick contest. ;)

And folks can prefer who they prefer, but attempting to rewrite how a player actually did, in order to justify their biases is wholly dishonest, and agenda driven. 

This is a Bengals team board driven by opinions.  Pretending that PFF is somehow factual and others are biased, dishonest, or agenda driven is just you using manipulation techniques to diminish others personally instead of just refuting their arguments.  

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

This is a Bengals team board driven by opinions.  Pretending that PFF is somehow factual and others are biased, dishonest, or agenda driven is just you using manipulation techniques to diminish others personally instead of just refuting their arguments.  

Except there was no argument, it was a snuck in snide agenda driven remark.

I said from the beginning and I continue to maintain that the Chase pick was a foolish one. If he ends up being far less than advertised, his selection could prove to be a colossal blunder. Let's hope these early struggles are just a momentary set back. This is one scenario where I hope I wasn't right.

18 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm not sure I'd take 2nd best on Detroit line as evidence that he was "pretty good". Even your article here says he got off to a rough start. Kid is playing like a rookie, as is to be expected.

Me thinks you're I wanted Sewell over Chase bias may be showing.

Well, yes, I wanted Sewell over Chase, but in no means am I saying Sewell is playing great. BTW, Chase is dropping balls in 7 on 7s at practices still and this is with no pads and he is still looking like alligator arms to me.  Shoot, go to Twitter and those fans are saying the same thing and they are not even Bengals fans.  I know, you don't want to hear their opinion, but to me like Earl said, you are Bias towards Chase and didn't want Sewell, correct?  So no difference here. I want Chase to be very good, but looking so far not so good.  We shall see.  We need OLman to protect Burrow and then the WRs get open more easily.  If Chase is having a mental block, that is not good.  Onto the next game, right?

Just now, TigerJ@w said:

Well, yes, I wanted Sewell over Chase, but in no means am I saying Sewell is playing great. BTW, Chase is dropping balls in 7 on 7s at practices still and this is with no pads and he is still looking like alligator arms to me.  Shoot, go to Twitter and those fans are saying the same thing and they are not even Bengals fans.  I know, you don't want to hear their opinion, but to me like Earl said, you are Bias towards Chase and didn't want Sewell, correct?  So no difference here. I want Chase to be very good, but looking so far not so good.  We shall see.  We need OLman to protect Burrow and then the WRs get open more easily.  If Chase is having a mental block, that is not good.  Onto the next game, right?

I'm not sure how folks don't get this.

I literally would have been happy with either player (In fact I had us picking Sewell in Jason's contest, but also made the argument that I could see the Bengals taking Chase based on what the actual O-line position need was (guard) and what the value on the draft board was.). So no, there is no bias in that regard. Bias about wanting the Bengals player to be successful? I mean don't we all have that bias?

Both players are playing like rookies, it's as simple as that. I just think that anyone trying to take anything away from two rookies playing that way as suggesting that taking one over the other was a mistake is being a bit premature and ridiculous. 

8 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I literally would have been happy with either player (In fact I had us picking Sewell in Jason's contest, but also made the argument that I could see the Bengals taking Chase based on what the actual O-line position need was (guard) and what the value on the draft board was.). So no, there is no bias in that regard. Bias about wanting the Bengals player to be successful? I mean don't we all have that bias?

Both players are playing like rookies, it's as simple as that. I just think that anyone trying to take anything away from two rookies playing that way as suggesting that taking one over the other was a mistake is being a bit premature and ridiculous. 

:13:  :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

All is good. We both want the same thing in the end.  I will say that I am being premature a bit, but everyone that was pumping up Chase from the NFL pundit gurus to you name it should have us as fans somewhat worried, but you make good points and as I stated, we shall see what unfolds.  I think Chase needs to play more during preseason and quit making him out to be a for sure starter or maybe they need to put him in on 3rd downs at the beginning of the season.  Tyler Boyd makes great points on what he should do.  I hope him and the Burrow connection work out so all of us can be happy with this team with these two, hopefully, helping this team win more games that we desperately need as being a fan.

1 minute ago, TigerJ@w said:

All is good. We both want the same thing in the end.  I will say that I am being premature a bit, but everyone that was pumping up Chase from the NFL pundit gurus to you name it should have us as fans somewhat worried, but you make good points and as I stated, we shall see what unfolds.  I think Chase needs to play more during preseason and quit making him out to be a for sure starter or maybe they need to put him in on 3rd downs at the beginning of the season.  Tyler Boyd makes great points on what he should do.  I hope him and the Burrow connection work out so all of us can be happy with this team with these two, hopefully, helping this team win more games that we desperately need as being a fan.

I think he'll be fine, as I posted AJ Green didn't exactly have a great 2nd preseason game when his career started either. As was suggested elsewhere give him some easy high chance for success targets to get him some confidence and go from there. 

15 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

As good as Green was, he would quit on balls and give DBs free chances to get picks. 

Yeah, later in his career he did.  He caught a lot of hospital balls thrown by Dalton over the years and made Andy look good. 

11 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Yeah, later in his career he did.  He caught a lot of hospital balls thrown by Dalton over the years and made Andy look good. 

How many times did Green get behind his man only to break stride to reach back for a Datons dying quail?

Far too many...

21 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Your memories are all fading, Dalton was a star QB and our team expected him to take us to a SB. 

Well, he was making a lot of money and Starbucks isn’t really that expensive. 

Archived