Man the press just hate us

3 hours ago, Hooky said:

Why are you lumping in the 90s? To pad your point obviously. If you're going to cherry pick, why not say they are only a couple of seasons removed from being in the playoffs 7 out of 11 seasons? How many teams have done that including 5 in a row? Yet, they were never in the media super bowl conversation and never will be unless they actually make it to the super bowl. The browns were constantly in it when they hadn't been to the playoffs in 20 years. And a small market is no excuse to hate on a team. If they're just  pandering to bigger markets, they're not really football analysts, just marketing experts.

The real reason is obvious. They hate Mike Brown and they hate Cincinnati in general for its conservative reputation. It's not hard to find Cincinnati bashing articles that aren't sports related.

Oh good grief. There's no "padding" or cherry picking any fuckin posts. The Bengals last won a playoff in the early 90's. The legacy of modern futility starts there. 

Every league has there 'loser' teams and/or 'loser' owners that are constantly put down by the media and other fans. It is easy to do it, easy to laugh at them and shake your head. In sports teams are always ranked from top to bottom be it for wins, owners, GM's, fans, cities, stadiums, etc. There was a time when this franchise was respected and we all know when that changed. Merv got us back some respectability but then we simply became the big game choke team. People's perceptions will change when the team has some on field success. respect has to be earned. And Mikey has earned nothing.  

Quite frankly I do get the perennial hate and negative categorizing for the Bengals in general...what I don't understand is the lack of respect and blatant discounting of Burrow.  Maybe its all grouped together for the lazy media types?  If you can't see the talent in JB you're either not watching or just blind.  Maybe I'm just being a Bengals homer?

2 hours ago, Jason said:

They shouldn’t. They shouldn’t love any other team either. Just treat us fairly. 

Life ain't fair, and neither is the media.  They are going to do what gets ratings, clicks, or however they make money.  Dumping on bad franchises, which the Bengals are, is entertainment.  Good for  business.

16 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

The Browns as much as we may hate then won a playoff game last year.

Yeah, the Browns were a complete laughing stock when Hue Jackson was coach.  The press was not kind

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Life ain't fair, and neither is the media.  They are going to do what gets ratings, clicks, or however they make money.  Dumping on bad franchises, which the Bengals are, is entertainment.  Good for  business.

But bad journalism.  

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Pittsburgh sucks

And what in the hell are the Bengals doing? Is anyone else reading the first part of this headline the same way I am? I mean, I knew they were college buddies and all that? :2:

https://www.bengals.com/news/camp-notebook-burrow-and-chase-go-deep-fitting-end-to-preseason-practice-a-benga

12 hours ago, tibor75 said:

I’m shocked the press isn’t more favorable to one of the worst franchises in American sports history.  Just baffling 

Actually, they aren’t favorable to Joe Burrow but are slobbering all over Lawrence’s duck, a guy who plays for a trash franchise as well. 

11 hours ago, SF2 said:

Actually, they aren’t favorable to Joe Burrow but are slobbering all over Lawrence’s duck, a guy who plays for a trash franchise as well. 

Jaguars didn’t even exist when Bengals last won a playoff game.  And they have won a playoff game during their existence 

nice try 

Archived