Dolphins at Bengals 2021 Pre-season Game 3 Game Thread

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I think we are at the point that the guys on the field now are the ones who will not be on the team next week.

Yeah.  These guys look like waiver wire bait.  If the game were better I probably wouldn’t be continuing down this PFF rabbit hole.  

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

Why?  It’s an opinion based grading.  They can do what they want.  No analytics that aren’t based upon opinion.  Don’t go crazy and screw with stars, but give every fan base something to talk about.  

The question is how do they make their money?   Do teams actually pay them?   I doubt it.  They grade their own players.  Their site is about fan subscriptions.   They have plenty of reasons to be controversial.  Just like Collinsworth does in the booth. Stirring things up is good for business. 

Why? Because the content over time would show it's biases and eventually lose subscribers. Why would people want to go to a site that they knew was just drumming up controversy for numbers? That kind of thing may get initial clicks but it would not last very long. That kind of business model would fail because other sites that were offering more fair analysis would just flourish in their place. It's kind of a sure sugar may taste good but it isn't going to make for a good diet over time, kind of thinking.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Why? Because the content over time would show it's biases and eventually lose subscribers. Why would people want to go to a site that they knew was just drumming up controversy for numbers? That kind of thing may get initial clicks but it would not last very long. That kind of business model would fail because other sites that were offering more fair analysis would just flourish in their place. It's kind of a sure sugar may taste good but it isn't going to make for a good diet over time, kind of thinking.

Because it’s entertaining?  You get something to talk about?  They really don’t have much big name competition that I’m aware of.  Most of the other sites are based upon analytics and only issue reports periodically.  You can get your fix after every game at PFF.  

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Because it’s entertaining?  You get something to talk about?  They really don’t have much big name competition that I’m aware of.  Most of the other sites are based upon analytics and only issue reports periodically.  You can get your fix after every game at PFF.  

It's not free (a dollar a week) but football outsiders offers alot of the same that PFF does

Archived