Price traded

dont worry Hopkins got 3 snaps in the last preseason game he's ready to go. ....... of course the whole offense looked like a shit show for those 3 snaps, but we'll go to war with what we have.   seriously does anyone think our offense is anywhere near ready to play  in 2 weeks?  

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Don't know anything about this guy but I'm wondering if he will be any better than any of

our bubble players ie Wrenn, etc.

Basically, we traded first rounder Billy for a seventh round draft pick.

Whatever... Best of luck, Billy.  I always liked you and hope things would click.

Also, another former Marv player gone.

Just now, High School Harry said:

Don't know anything about this guy but I'm wondering if he will be any better than any of

Whatever... Best of luck, Billy.  I always liked you and hope things would click.

Watching the tape I'm not expecting much out of this kid, maybe a change of scenery and some better coaching might help but well see

33 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

seriously does anyone think our offense is anywhere near ready to play  in 2 weeks?  

They didn’t even have a preseason last year and they came out just fine with a rookie QB. I’m gonna say that they’ll be alright. 

15 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

You should've stopped after your first 6 words 

Maybe read up on the guy we got?

Cincinnati Bengals trade former first-rounder Billy Price to New York Giants for B.J. Hill | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

The New York Giants and Cincinnati Bengals have struck a trade prior to Tuesday’s cutdown deadline.

Cincinnati is trading center Billy Price to New York in exchange for interior defensive lineman B.J. Hill. Price, the 21st pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, started all 10 games he played as a rookie but has made just nine starts over the last two seasons. He's graded under 60.0 in all three of his seasons in the NFL.

Like Price, Hill is also entering the final year of his rookie contract. Drafted with a third-round pick in 2018, Hill racked up six sacks in his first year but quickly fell out of the rotation after the team added more talent on the interior.

WHAT IT MEANS FOR THE GIANTS
Price's 46.7 PFF grade ranks 105th among the 106 interior offensive linemen with 1,200-plus offensive snaps played since 2018. His career grade is also the fifth-lowest mark of any player from the 2018 NFL Draft class with 1,000-plus snaps.

Price played 48 snaps in the 2021 NFL preseason and earned a 38.3 PFF grade, 65th among the 69 centers who played at least 40 total snaps.

Price has logged a similar number of snaps at center (698) and guard (655) since entering the NFL in 2018, and he could feasibly step in at any of the three interior positions for New York.

WHAT IT MEANS FOR THE BENGALS
Hill ranks 32nd among the 91 interior defensive linemen with 1,000 or more defensive snaps played since 2018. He’s earned a 73.0-plus PFF grade in each of the past two seasons, as well.

The Bengals had a lot riding on projected starters D.J. Reader and Larry Ogunjobi remaining healthy, with questionable depth behind them at defensive tackle. Hill gives Cincinnati another feasible option to turn to in the case of injury.

Hill ranks in the 72nd percentile of qualifying interior defensive linemen in run-defense grade over the past three years. That is an area the Bengals need to improve after allowing 4.9 yards per run play in 2020, 31st in NFL.

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

They didn’t even have a preseason last year and they came out just fine with a rookie QB. I’m gonna say that they’ll be alright. 

and last year no other teams got a preseason either.

this year they did , 

so we have a QB that took 3 snaps.

the starting center that has taken 3 snaps.

do we know who is either starting guard? 

we do have a #1 draft pick  thats dropped the last 4 passes and hasnt played a full quarter in any preseason game.

Mixon hasnt played more than 2 series in any game. 

i hope they will be great but honestly they are not prepared.  

Archived