The Annual Bengals Prediction Thread!

Predictions  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How many yards does Joe Burrow throw for?

2. 2. How many passing TDs?

3. 3. How many yards does Mixon run for?

4. 4. How many 1000 yard receivers do the Bengals have?

5. 5. Who leads the team in receptions?

6. 6. Who leads the team in receiving yards?

7. 7. Who leads the team in sacks?

8. 8. Who leads the team in interceptions?

9. 9. Where does the offense finish in total yards?

10. 10. Where does the defense finish in total yards?

11. 11. How many games do the Bengals win?

12. 12. Make the playoffs?

13. 13. Win a playoff game?

I'm thinking this is a 8 or 9 win team and not playoff bound, but better overall. That said, my gut feeling is, Mixon will not be a 1000 yard guy any longer (not my head or heart, my gut feeling). Mixon will be one of the things that holds this team back IMO. I think just about everything about this team will be middle of the pack and that will be an improvement.

I think there will be a marginal improvement...probably enough to keep zac and company another season.

I feel like the ceiling for this team is 9 wins, floor is 5. In reality it will probably be somewhere in between. Either way the playoffs will be out of reach unfortunately.

Our division is just so tough, and there are portions of our schedule that will be brutal. Just hope Joey B can stay healthy and build off a full sophomore season.

Defense will be bad again.  Best player from last year left via fee agency..  LBs are terrible and slow.  O-line is going to be a little better.  But a little better than how horrific it was last year still isn't good enough.    

I hope I'm wrong but I don't believe in this coaching staff either.  Zac is not a good coach.  

3-14.   

1 hour ago, TeeBengal said:

Defense will be bad again.  Best player from last year left via fee agency..  LBs are terrible and slow.  O-line is going to be a little better.  But a little better than how horrific it was last year still isn't good enough.    

I hope I'm wrong but I don't believe in this coaching staff either.  Zac is not a good coach.  

3-14.   

Wow.  And many of you think I'm too negative!

They don’t have to be the best line in football, they just have to be improved from last year. Is there some reason that I don’t know of that they won’t be improved after adding Reiff and Pollack and getting Jonah back? 

8 minutes ago, spicoli said:

They don’t have to be the best line in football, they just have to be improved from last year. Is there some reason that I don’t know of that they won’t be improved after adding Reiff and Pollack and getting Jonah back? 

No...

Im hoping for the same as you...

I do believe in coach Pollack..

Burrow yards: 4001-4500

In the modern NFL any competent passer can sleepwalk to 4,000 yards. This is no longer a significant benchmark, and I would expect a healthy Burrow to get there.

Passing TDs: 25-30

There's a ton of variation in this statistic, so have a guess. This one seems appropriate.

Mixon: 1100-1500

This is a HUGE statistical window. I am definitely closer to the 1,100 end than the 1,500 end, but that's the poll.

1000 yard receivers: 2

Boyd and Higgins. Boyd should get there purely by catch volume. Higgins will almost certainly average higher catch depth.

Receptions: Boyd

Easiest question here to me.

Yards: Higgins

Even if he trails Boyd by 10-20 catches, I expected the YPC to put him over the top or at least make it close.

Receiving TDs: Higgins

This wasn't in the poll, but have a bonus. I think the Higgins-Boyd-Chase TD distribution looks something like 10-6-5.

Sacks: Hubbard

Total guess between he and Hendrickson. Could go either way. I think they both end up in the 7-10 space or so.

Interceptions: Awuzie

Total guess between he and Bates. Bates has been Mr. Three Interceptions in the past, so I'll give the nod to the corner that has been blanketing people in camp/preseason.

Offense: 11-16

If they're lower than 16 with this roster, heads need to roll.

Defense: 17-25

No clue. They've looked great in camp/preseason, and that's enough for me to be optimistic that they'll at least improve. 20th would be an improvement.

Wins: 9-12

**** it, do it big. 9-10 wins is what I would expect from what I see on paper. Only the coaching makes me question that.

Playoffs?

No. I might have, theoretically, possibly, kinda voted yes in the poll to be a homer, but we'll pretend that didn't happen. Negativity reigns. Come get me karma.

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

I think Taylor keeps his job with 6 or more wins. MB hates making changes and will say we're on the right track. Basically, any excuse not to fire Taylor will be eagerly clutched at. I would have fired him after year 1.

I think it takes more than 6, unless there is another rash of injuries or the offense is really good but the defense is truly horrible. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

I think Taylor keeps his job with 6 or more wins. MB hates making changes and will say we're on the right track. Basically, any excuse not to fire Taylor will be eagerly clutched at. I would have fired him after year 1.

I would definitely gotten rid of him after last season and hired Eric Bienemy who is a good offensive mind 

5 hours ago, spicoli said:

How do you know?

How do you know he’s not?  Two can play that game.  

Very odd he hasn’t gotten a shot yet.  That’s his biggest issue publicly.  He is certainly far more experienced and qualified than Taylor was.  Must not interview well or something. 

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

How can you not look good as a OC with Mahomes as your QB and Andy Reid as your HC? Bienemy doesn't even call the plays there. 

I get that to some extent, but the “how do you know” response was weak.  None of us really know anything.  We’re just a bunch of fans on a chat board.  

This response was solid.  At the same time working for Andy Reid that long should rub off at some point. 

Archived