The Annual Bengals Prediction Thread!

Predictions  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How many yards does Joe Burrow throw for?

2. 2. How many passing TDs?

3. 3. How many yards does Mixon run for?

4. 4. How many 1000 yard receivers do the Bengals have?

5. 5. Who leads the team in receptions?

6. 6. Who leads the team in receiving yards?

7. 7. Who leads the team in sacks?

8. 8. Who leads the team in interceptions?

9. 9. Where does the offense finish in total yards?

10. 10. Where does the defense finish in total yards?

11. 11. How many games do the Bengals win?

12. 12. Make the playoffs?

13. 13. Win a playoff game?

28 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I wasn’t trying to be a smart ass, it was a legit question lol

Kind of insulting, isn’t it?  None of us really know shit.  How about just disagreeing and stating your reasons?  

I’m not sure you’re trying to be insulting.  It’s the kind of response you would expect to see on a political board.  Put all the pressure on the other guy.  We’re all Bengals fans here.  Is it really about winning the discussion, or just having it?

13 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Based on what?

that's a really good question.

The talking heads and the media have christened him the next great coach.......but why?

Everyone who has had the chance has passed on him. I don't believe that's due to some old trouble.

It strikes me as the media picking the "next great thing" for reasons that don't necessarily translate to success.

maybe time will tell

1 hour ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

What qualifies Taylor as a head coach?

About the same thing that qualifies Bienemy I guess…jack squat.

They’d both have to overcome the same albatross and I see nothing from Bienemy that tells me he could navigate those waters any better than Taylor can. 
Seriously, who the hell wouldn’t look good with Mahomes, Reid, Kelce, Hill, etc?
And why has no one hired the genius? 
I just don’t get it I guess. 

18 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

He would likely win more than 6 games in 2 seasons?

One could say that Bienemy may be an unknown as a HC but Taylor has been a complete failure as one. That would rank Taylor lower

Bienemy has had Mahomes and company. In his first two seasons Taylor has had Andy Dalton and Ryan Finley for a year, and rookie Burrow for ten games and Brandon Allen for six. 
He even coaxed almost a perfect game out of Allen..against the Stealers no less.

Crazy. 

12 minutes ago, spicoli said:

About the same thing that qualifies Bienemy I guess…jack squat.

They’d both have to overcome the same albatross and I see nothing from Bienemy that tells me he could navigate those waters any better than Taylor can. 
Seriously, who the hell wouldn’t look good with Mahomes, Reid, Kelce, Hill, etc? And why has no one hired the genius? 
I just don’t get it I guess. 

I never liked the Taylor hire but what do I know not too much I guess I have been a bengals fan for a long time but am certainly no expert 

18 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

I never liked the Taylor hire but what do I know not too much I guess I have been a bengals fan for a long time but am certainly no expert 

Well neither one of us are at the end of the day really, we’re just talking here. Im not trying to insult. I just look at both of them and I don’t see how either is better than the other, all things considered. That’s all. 

27 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Well neither one of us are at the end of the day really, we’re just talking here. Im not trying to insult. I just look at both of them and I don’t see how either is better than the other, all things considered. That’s all. 

Let’s see…long term OC on a successful team vs QB coach on a successful team.  Sure, Bienimi doesn’t call plays, but neither did Taylor.  

There is some reason Bienimi hasn’t been hired, but he is still more qualified on paper than Taylor was.  

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Bienemy has had Mahomes and company. In his first two seasons Taylor has had Andy Dalton and Ryan Finley for a year, and rookie Burrow for ten games and Brandon Allen for six. 
He even coaxed almost a perfect game out of Allen..against the Stealers no less.

Crazy. 

Taylor did take over an average team and imploded it. Pieces of shit like Finley are his doing, he wasn’t given him. He sat Dalton and played that clown. 

And do you think a coach like Bienemy would ever hire a garbage OL coach like Turner , let alone let him stay for 2 years?

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

I just think they could have hired someone better than zak Taylor and u sure hope he doesn’t stay around if they don’t play well this season but you know how Mike Brown works

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Let’s see…long term OC on a successful team vs QB coach on a successful team.  Sure, Bienimi doesn’t call plays, but neither did Taylor.  

There is some reason Bienimi hasn’t been hired, but he is still more qualified on paper than Taylor was.  

Bienemy has shown nothing just like Taylor had shown nothing. Tit for tat I guess.

As soon as Bienemy comes to Cincy he loses the comfort of Mahomes and Reid and inherits the Brown clan. Good luck.

8 hours ago, spicoli said:

Bienemy has shown nothing just like Taylor had shown nothing. Tit for tat I guess.

As soon as Bienemy comes to Cincy he loses the comfort of Mahomes and Reid and inherits the Brown clan. Good luck.

But that is the case with just about anyone coming here.  Most new coaches come from coordinating jobs on  successful programs. 

7-10

I'm not as optimistic as I once was.

Why?

Chase's drops and have yet to see Burrow in a real game situation.

I like the triumvirate of running backs, not all Mixon.

The D is going to be vicious.  Too bad about Ossai and too good to be true about Darius Hodge.

Most awesome group of d backs I can remember being on the field in a long time.

Esp is Waynes gets and stays healthy.

We have our place kicker for the next decade and it will be fun to see him try a 60 yarder once in awhile.

Esp if he nails it.

And great job Michael Weston... amazing, bro!

Archived