The Annual Bengals Prediction Thread!

Predictions  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How many yards does Joe Burrow throw for?

2. 2. How many passing TDs?

3. 3. How many yards does Mixon run for?

4. 4. How many 1000 yard receivers do the Bengals have?

5. 5. Who leads the team in receptions?

6. 6. Who leads the team in receiving yards?

7. 7. Who leads the team in sacks?

8. 8. Who leads the team in interceptions?

9. 9. Where does the offense finish in total yards?

10. 10. Where does the defense finish in total yards?

11. 11. How many games do the Bengals win?

12. 12. Make the playoffs?

13. 13. Win a playoff game?

On 9/1/2021 at 4:21 PM, TeeBengal said:

Defense will be bad again.  Best player from last year left via fee agency..  LBs are terrible and slow.  O-line is going to be a little better.  But a little better than how horrific it was last year still isn't good enough.    

I hope I'm wrong but I don't believe in this coaching staff either.  Zac is not a good coach.  

3-14.   

Ouch

On 9/3/2021 at 12:21 PM, sparky151 said:

I think Taylor keeps his job with 6 or more wins. MB hates making changes and will say we're on the right track. Basically, any excuse not to fire Taylor will be eagerly clutched at. I would have fired him after year 1.

This aged well!!😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, kennethmw said:

I think your question got answered, Ehh?

Not really. If we lose our playoff game then win 6 or 7 games next season we are back to where we started. Cudos to Taylor for this season but he has won nothing of significancea nd has not won consistently. There is a ways to yet for hima nd for the whole oprganization for that matter. 

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Not really. If we lose our playoff game then win 6 or 7 games next season we are back to where we started. Cudos to Taylor for this season but he has won nothing of significancea nd has not won consistently. There is a ways to yet for hima nd for the whole oprganization for that matter. 

You're probably one of those guys that shaves with a Dull Razor, puts the paper towel pieces on you face, and then justify it by saying " I could use a sharp razor but it might get dull, and then I'd be Stuck doing this again, so I might as well just keep doing what I'm doing! " Oh, and did you and Jamie go to the same school?  😂😂😂😂

J/k Jamie!!😂😂

4 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Won nothing of significance..

Pass the bowl pls..

17 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

He's right. Taylor won the division. Right now, he's Marvin Lewis, who also did it in his 3rd year. And Burrow is Carson Palmer. If you look objectively, there are no differences in the scenario. Before people lose their shit, I'm not saying the people are identical, I'm saying that the situation is pretty much exactly the same. So until they at least win a playoff game, there is no significant accomplishment.

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

He's right. Taylor won the division. Right now, he's Marvin Lewis, who also did it in his 3rd year. And Burrow is Carson Palmer. If you look objectively, there are no differences in the scenario. Before people lose their shit, I'm not saying the people are identical, I'm saying that the situation is pretty much exactly the same. So until they at least win a playoff game, there is no significant accomplishment.

Thank you, that was my point. ML won the division as well but was 0-8 in the playoffs. Wina  f*cking playoff game and then we can talk. But even then, win one then miss the palyoffs next year what is Taylor? You have to win consistently and win in the playoffs as well. Head Coaches are only seen by their SB wins. Andy reid was the 'almost' HC until he finally won. How is Marv Levy or Shottenhiemer seen these days - good but not great. 

I will take 1 playoff win..for now. Just one to get over that hump. Then Taylor has done something mnay others did not. 

2 hours ago, Hooky said:

If the Bengals implode in their playoff game and give the game away, yeah, same old Bengals. 

So far Burrow and Taylor have stepped up in big games.  That is not "same old Bengals."

I expect the Bengals to win their first playoff game and shut all this stuff up, but even if they play well and fall short that will not be "same old Bengals."

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I expect the Bengals to win their first playoff game and shut all this stuff up, but even if they play well and fall short that will not be "same old Bengals."

I don't think winning 1 playoff game changes anything. What is going to matter is if the team keeps moving forward or if it stall out tlike it did under ML. This will be determined really by what changes we make in the offseason. Will we still pursue top free agents to fill holes? Will we re-sign our best players? Or will the 'tight to the cap' reasons start perculating again. 

No one knows. 

6 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

If the Bengals implode in their playoff game and give the game away, yeah, same old Bengals. 

So far Burrow and Taylor have stepped up in big games.  That is not "same old Bengals."

Wait a minute. Are you really saying the the bengals didn't win any big games in any of the seasons where they made the playoffs? That's pretty ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I don't think winning 1 playoff game changes anything. What is going to matter is if the team keeps moving forward or if it stall out tlike it did under ML. This will be determined really by what changes we make in the offseason. Will we still pursue top free agents to fill holes? Will we re-sign our best players? Or will the 'tight to the cap' reasons start perculating again. 

No one knows. 

Right. Instead of saying they haven't won a playoff game in 31 years, they'll say they've only won one playoff game in 31 years. That's what they did when they finally made the playoffs. It went from they haven't been in the playoffs for 14 years to only one playoff appearance in 15 years.

7 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Wait a minute. Are you really saying the the bengals didn't win any big games in any of the seasons where they made the playoffs? That's pretty ridiculous.

I'm sure they did, but what sticks in my mind are the piss down their leg losses.  They were bunches of them.  That's "same old Bengals." 

Just now, UncleEarl said:

I'm sure they did, but what sticks in my mind are the piss down their leg losses.  They were bunches of them.  That's "same old Bengals." 

Like the jets and bears  game this year?

10 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

No one knows. 

So, winning 10-11 games instead of 4 means nothing?  Having better skill players than we ever had with ML means nothing?  This team is built well outside of the OL.  What the F would change anything?  Winning the Super Bowl?  That's it?  Hell, they could fall back to obscurity after winning a Super Bowl.  "Same old Bengals!" 

Dude, I'm analytic and cynical to a fault, but that is crazy.  Get some help or find another team to follow. 

1 minute ago, Hooky said:

Like the jets and bears  game this year?

Those would have been big wins?  Games everyone pointed to as important?  Really?  Wow. 

The Cardinals lost to f'n Detroit.  New England lost to New Orleans. 

We're talking important games here.  Every team throws a turd a time or two a year, but when they throw them matters. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

Those would have been big wins?  Games everyone pointed to as important?  Really?  Wow. 

The Cardinals lost to f'n Detroit.  New England lost to New Orleans. 

We're talking important games here.  Every team throws a turd a time or two a year, but when they throw them matters. 

Go back to my post and see what I was replying to. Hint: pissing down their leg losses. It's OK. I lnow it's hard to follow conversations on message boards.

36 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Go back to my post and see what I was replying to. Hint: pissing down their leg losses. It's OK. I lnow it's hard to follow conversations on message boards.

I know what you are talking about.  The thing is, that shit doesn't matter.  You are grasping at straws, moving the goalposts, anything you can do to be negative nellie.  Every team loses games like that.  Not every team does it over and over on prime time and in the playoffs, except Marvin Lewis' teams.  That's "Same old Bengals." 

It really doesn't matter.  You're going to be you and make ridiculous points that really aren't relative just because.  Carry on.

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

So, winning 10-11 games instead of 4 means nothing?  Having better skill players than we ever had with ML means nothing?  This team is built well outside of the OL.  What the F would change anything?  Winning the Super Bowl?  That's it?  Hell, they could fall back to obscurity after winning a Super Bowl.  "Same old Bengals!" 

Dude, I'm analytic and cynical to a fault, but that is crazy.  Get some help or find another team to follow. 

If we lose our playoff game again and then slip back next year one could say it was 'nothing'. My point is, the team has not won a playoff game and has not even gotten into the playoffs 2 years running with taylor, so they have not done anything of significance. Didn't Nagy win coach of the year a few years back, lose the first playoff game and then missed the playoffs since.

If the Taylor idea here is to build a team that consistently competes for the SB then I would say he is on Step 3 of 10. I am not dismissing the first 3 steps just acjkwoldedging there are 7 more. 

33 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If we lose our playoff game again and then slip back next year one could say it was 'nothing'. My point is, the team has not won a playoff game and has not even gotten into the playoffs 2 years running with taylor, so they have not done anything of significance. Didn't Nagy win coach of the year a few years back, lose the first playoff game and then missed the playoffs since.

If the Taylor idea here is to build a team that consistently competes for the SB then I would say he is on Step 3 of 10. I am not dismissing the first 3 steps just acjkwoldedging there are 7 more. 

Not sure how much Taylor will play into the next steps.   They have their leader and QB.  They have plenty of skill on offense.  They have very strong building blocks on defense. 

What's left to be done? 

Offensive line for sure.  Going to have to either resign or replace a couple key guys on D.  This is pretty much going to be on Tobin and the Brown family. 

They are a lot closer than you say.  Then again if you want to look for dark clouds you can.  The front office has to continue to do a good job of signing FAs and drafting players, just like any team.  Will they?  I don't know, but I do know they have made progress, had a 10 win season, have a spectacular QB and WR group, are fun to watch, and may very well break that god-awful 31 year playoff win streak.  Enjoy it for cryin' out loud!

40 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Not sure how much Taylor will play into the next steps.   They have their leader and QB.  They have plenty of skill on offense.  They have very strong building blocks on defense. 

What's left to be done? 

Offensive line for sure.  Going to have to either resign or replace a couple key guys on D.  This is pretty much going to be on Tobin and the Brown family. 

They are a lot closer than you say.  Then again if you want to look for dark clouds you can.  The front office has to continue to do a good job of signing FAs and drafting players, just like any team.  Will they?  I don't know, but I do know they have made progress, had a 10 win season, have a spectacular QB and WR group, are fun to watch, and may very well break that god-awful 31 year playoff win streak.  Enjoy it for cryin' out loud!

I am enjoying it, but O'le Mikey has left a permanent reality scar in my brain. I agree that making this success a long term thing will depend on the steps the front office takes. Mikey is far more inclined to impeding success than assisitng it. Hopefully, that has changed. 

47 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I am enjoying it, but O'le Mikey has left a permanent reality scar in my brain. I agree that making this success a long term thing will depend on the steps the front office takes. Mikey is far more inclined to impeding success than assisitng it. Hopefully, that has changed. 

Yeah your stuck in the past...

Still figuring out ways to lose or waiting for ian implosion..

This is the 20's now..

New era..new blood..new philosophies.

Catch up..youll be glad you did..😊

Archived