53 Man Roster Finalized

Very happy that Trenton Irwin made the roster....looks like a gritty gamer who's not afraid of contact and can actually hold onto the ball..take note Ja'marr.

A little surprised and disappointed Thadeus Moss got cut....thought he looked good in pre-season. Mitchell Wilcox? Why him?

Excited, but not the least surprised, that Evan McPherson is officially the Cincinnati Bengals's PK....he's going to do great things for us.

2 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Excited, but not the least surprised, that Evan McPherson is officially the Cincinnati Bengals's PK....he's going to do great things for us.

Is there such a thing as a franchise kicker? If so I think we finally have one. 

31 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Very happy that Trenton Irwin made the roster....looks like a gritty gamer who's not afraid of contact and can actually hold onto the ball..take note Ja'marr.

A little surprised and disappointed Thadeus Moss got cut....thought he looked good in pre-season. Mitchell Wilcox? Why him?

same here.. I liked him

3 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

Daniels, Moss and Patrick are my three surprises. Daniels is solid, Moss played better than Wilcox IMO, and Patrick may not clear waivers. Overall I’m happy, here is to this year, Give them Hell! WhoDey! 

Apparently Moss didn't offer much in terms of blocking or special teams, areas where Wilcox was productive.

3 minutes ago, Passepartout said:

Wonder if it will be time to move on. Since Huber has been the P for years and really does really great at his job. Just think next year as much as I like Huber, really need to possibly draft a P.

I would bet Huber has another 5 years in him at a high level. I do believe he had one of his best years last season and very few punters can put that ball inside the 10 the way he does.

I liked Irwin a lot in the preseason games, he went against a lot of inferior competition but just caught everything and was tough as hell.  It also seemed like his routes must have been spot on because both QBs seemed to progress to him whilst under duress and you'd always see him open.

Moss, I'm not that surprised just because of what Simmons said outright - for Moss to make it, it had be because of blocking and special teams.  Probably none of us observed much of those things for either player, at least not enough to compare them, but it's fair to believe the coaches made the decision on those skills and not receiving.  I believe this is likely the same reason they kept Morgan over Trent Taylor.

The fact that Price and Jordan are gone can only be counted as a win IMO.  It means we're moving on from failed projects and that's important for a bad team trying to improve.  It also reinforces my old theory that any time Hobson writes that "the coaches really like" a player, it usually means they're not great football players but the coaches like their measurables and hope to mold them into something.

A name I noticed on the cut lists around the league (and someone who has been shuffled around a bit this summer) is Dolegala.  I don't know what's "missing" with that guy but I always was intrigued by him.  He's huge, he throws a beautiful ball, and he always seemed decisive.  I'd certainly be happier with him as the PS arm (if he can be) than Shurmur.

Sample versus Moss.  Think of it that way.  Sample may not be brilliant but he can block and can catch.  Moss is only good at one of those skills.

I use Sample as the example as we're talking about a 3rd TE.  Moss would have to be a destuctive force in receiving to make the team, that he is not.

1 hour ago, Spotto said:

Sample versus Moss.  Think of it that way.  Sample may not be brilliant but he can block and can catch.  Moss is only good at one of those skills.

I use Sample as the example as we're talking about a 3rd TE.  Moss would have to be a destuctive force in receiving to make the team, that he is not.

I still go with Moss looked smaller than advertised on the field.

JMHO but, still...  Commented on it to my son Sunday, the guys in

front of us agreed... "I was just asking who 81 was".

P.S.  If Thaddeus Moss was not Son of Randy and Joe's asshole buddy from LSU,

he was just some Joe Baggadonuts TE, would anyone really care all that much?

Wilcox appears to be a tougher nut on special teams than Moss so that is also

a factor.

Archived