53 Man Roster Finalized

17 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I thought Daniels was a shoo-in certainty the way he was brown nosing Zac earlier this year.

no :ninja:

Same here. He was on Good Morning Football a couple times touting how great the coaching was and how great the fans were. Very surprised by the cut.

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I thought Jordan was very consistent last year - awful, but very consistent at it. 

Every time I hear the coaches saying so-and-so needs to be consistent, this is the thought I have…and want the coach to say consistently GOOD.

Bobby Hart was very consistent.  

12 minutes ago, MOC said:

Irwin waived and 15 practice squad players currently set

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-make-player-moves-sign-15-to-the-practice-squad

Huh.  I guess they can sign him to the practice squad if he clears waivers.  They seem pretty desperate at DE as Ray is on his sixth team in three years.

27 minutes ago, MOC said:

Irwin waived and 15 practice squad players currently set

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-make-player-moves-sign-15-to-the-practice-squad

I'm confused. So, the Bengals keep Irwin and Thomas on the 53 and then the next day dump them? Now they have 5 WRs? Can't seem them going forward with only 5. Clearly more moves are coming.

29 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I'm confused. So, the Bengals keep Irwin and Thomas on the 53 and then the next day dump them? Now they have 5 WRs? Can't seem them going forward with only 5. Clearly more moves are coming.

maybe since taylor made it through they felt more comfortable trying to slide Irwin through to PS 

36 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Yeah, this can't be all that's going to happen with the WRs, and it pisses me off that Irwin got waived, a day after making the 53 man roster, no less. Him and Thomas were 2 of the best receivers we had in pre-season.

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

Every time I hear the coaches saying so-and-so needs to be consistent, this is the thought I have…and want the coach to say consistently GOOD.

Bills signed then cut him...

Probably on hus way to join the mess the Giants call an Oline..

10 minutes ago, Duluoz said:

Yeah, this can't be all that's going to happen with the WRs, and it pisses me off that Irwin got waived, a day after making the 53 man roster, no less. Him and Thomas were 2 of the best receivers we had in pre-season.

Could have been they werent what Simmons wanted on STs cause thats all we're really talking here no?

I

12 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Could have been they werent what Simmons wanted on STs cause thats all we're really talking here no?

I

So if they had no value as ST players, why sign them to the 53 man roster to begin with? Does the left hand know what the right hand's doing?

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

Only if we can have consistently good coaches too...

1 hour ago, Duluoz said:

So if they had no value as ST players, why sign them to the 53 man roster to begin with? Does the left hand know what the right hand's doing?

It's all interesting, but grinding over the last couple guys on the roster isn't going to make much difference.  If any of these guys are playing regularly it's likely things are not going well. 

Archived