53 Man Roster Finalized

4 hours ago, MOC said:

Irwin waived and 15 practice squad players currently set

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-make-player-moves-sign-15-to-the-practice-squad

Perhaps they're waiting to see if another, "better" receiver is cut by someone perhaps trying to fly them under the radar... Bengals take him.

If no one "better" shows up, Irwin is back (to fill a spot on the inactive roster

on game days?).

15 hours ago, Duluoz said:

Yeah, this can't be all that's going to happen with the WRs, and it pisses me off that Irwin got waived, a day after making the 53 man roster, no less. Him and Thomas were 2 of the best receivers we had in pre-season.

I am with you on the Irwin move.  Dude was catching everything.  I did not watch the entire games so Thomas was doing the same?  I hope Irwin clears waivers to get on the last spot of practice squad, and for Thomas, I don’t think he will be back since he has been in the league for 5 years.  

2 hours ago, Griever said:

Lol, they sure we're doing a lot of roster gymnastics there

Waiving vested vets w/ agreement to bring them right back to hold a spot for someone going on in-season IR is a normal roster move. Vikings just did it with everson griffin for instance.

On 9/1/2021 at 5:51 PM, UncleEarl said:

It's all interesting, but grinding over the last couple guys on the roster isn't going to make much difference.  If any of these guys are playing regularly it's likely things are not going well. 

yeah... this 

I like the rosters as they are now

but I don't think they are finished yet.

Another QB is needed.  Speculative article about trading

for Nick Foles but, as we know, Charlie don't surf and the

Bengals don't trade.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/9/2/22653751/why-nick-foles-makes-sense-for-the-bengals

Also says Burrow is "85% healthy".  Don't know about that but we'll see September 12

They will also have to make space for B.J. Hill at some point.

Maybe we could trade him (and someone else?) to Da Bears for Foles.

Chicago could probably use a good BJ. (that never gets old... well, OK. 

Yes it does.)

8 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I like the rosters as they are now

but I don't think they are finished yet.

Another QB is needed.  Speculative article about trading

for Nick Foles but, as we know, Charlie don't surf and the

Bengals don't trade.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/9/2/22653751/why-nick-foles-makes-sense-for-the-bengals

Also says Burrow is "85% healthy".  Don't know about that but we'll see September 12

They will also have to make space for B.J. Hill at some point.

Maybe we could trade him (and someone else?) to Da Bears for Foles.

Chicago could probably use a good BJ. (that never gets old... well, OK. 

Yes it does.)

I wouldnt trade BJ for Foles..

The Dline needs another 3tech tackle and Hill is decent..

Foles is as inconsistent as Allen so 

Ill pass on that deal..

18 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Did not realize B.J. Hill and Germaine Pratt were college roomies at NC State.

They still text each other everyday, it's just like peaches and herb said so eloquently back in the day reuinted and it feels so good.

Seriously though, I think Tobin deserves a few attaboys for his offseason moves and this trade is the strawberry on top of the icing on the cake. 

The oline group has done a 180, looks really promising now and for the future. The other offensive position groups are stacked with young talent,  with the one area for improvement is TE but even then it's not below average. 

On defense it's a similar story with a good mix of guys who know each other from college(Hubbard & Bell, Pratt & Hill, etc..), played for the coaches on previous teams, or drafted guys.

The addition of Hilton and Allen in the secondary is huge. Hilton adds on to the swagger Bell and Bates bring, he's the missing link to help this defense on 3rd downs. Allen is like a coach on the field and he knows Lou's defense.  Overall a solid unit that should compete with anyone. 

Archived