53 Man Roster Finalized

21 minutes ago, snarkster said:

I think the Bengals ended up with a pretty strong group of reserves when it comes to the practice squad, but kind surprised they didn't add a developmental QB to maybe groom (I have shed ZERO tears over the absense of Shurmur though).

Conspiracy theory speculation that usually means Jack Nothing but..,

Maybe bringing back Daniels (who I like and think a good move)

could be an indicator that B.J. Hill, relatively new and unfamiliar with the 

Bengals system, etc, could be traded for a third quarterback.

Daniels to the 53, new QB to the practice squad for awhile, first body

up after someone goes down probably Sunday.

52 minutes ago, snarkster said:

I think the Bengals ended up with a pretty strong group of reserves when it comes to the practice squad, but kind surprised they didn't add a developmental QB to maybe groom (I have shed ZERO tears over the absense of Shurmur though).

Jake Dolegala, maybe?  Or have they seen enough of him?

:shrug: 

9 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Id love anything....even Jake Browning

lol ask and you shall receive..

The Bengals today signed QB Jake Browning to the practice squad and released P Drue Chrisman from the practice squad.

Browning (6-2, 209), a first-year player out of the University of Washington, originally was a college free agent signee of Minnesota in 2019. He spent the last two seasons (2019-20) on the Vikings' practice squad, and was waived on Sept. 1 this year.

Chrisman, a rookie, was a college free agent signee of the Bengals in May.

30 minutes ago, spicoli said:

lol ask and you shall receive..

The Bengals today signed QB Jake Browning to the practice squad and released P Drue Chrisman from the practice squad.

Browning (6-2, 209), a first-year player out of the University of Washington, originally was a college free agent signee of Minnesota in 2019. He spent the last two seasons (2019-20) on the Vikings' practice squad, and was waived on Sept. 1 this year.

Chrisman, a rookie, was a college free agent signee of the Bengals in May.

He spent the last two seasons (2019-20) on the Vikings' practice squad, and was waived on Sept. 1 this year

Not that that means anything... :ninja:

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

like who? Cam? Waiting on Flacco getting cut? Barkly or McGown who's 42 FFS.  The list of FA QBs is not inspiring.

At this point there isn't anyone.  I suppose a Browning makes sense.  At least it's a body. 

When you have a young guy like Burrow it pays to have a vet who everyone knows isn't a starter, but can manage a game and not turn the ball over if he has to play.   Maybe Allen is that guy, but I'm not so sure.  This kind of thing should be handled in the off season. 

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I have no issue with a young roster other than we have done this over and over and the failure of this teams draft and develop philosophy has always reared its ugly head. I would like to be optimistic things have changed, but alas, I am a realist. 

bring in a 40+ year old QB, that'll skew the numbers.

Archived