Sportico NFL Franchise Valuations

Only 2.4 BILLION huh. If the ball bounces a little different and we win 2 of those SB's who knows how the trajectory of this franchise would've changed. 

Maybe WE would've had a nationwide bandwagon fan base and people across the world are waving little orange towels...

On 9/10/2021 at 12:21 PM, sparky151 said:

If he'd tried to move the team to Baltimore that would trigger the Modell law and let others buy the team, bypassing the NFL process for ownership transfer.

You do Realize he's talking about before Modell Moved to Baltimore, Right??  😂😂

22 hours ago, saphead said:

Only 2.4 BILLION huh. If the ball bounces a little different and we win 2 of those SB's who knows how the trajectory of this franchise would've changed. 

Maybe WE would've had a nationwide bandwagon fan base and people across the world are waving little orange towels...

Right. And we're only barely behind Buffalo, who is supposed to have one of the top fan bases. Why would anybody be surprised that we're anywhere near the bottom when we're a small market. Also, I thought everybody was complaining about Mike Brown making too much money. Now he doesn't make enough? The "fans" here love to post anything they dig up that they think makes the team look bad. Like we don't get enough of that daily from the media. I really think that some members here think that Mike Brown reads these posts and they can guilt him in to stepping down. Even though it is obvious that he already has as far  as football operations. Or he miraculously decided to start spending a lot of money in FA the last 2 years.

4 hours ago, Hooky said:

Right. And we're only barely behind Buffalo, who is supposed to have one of the top fan bases. Why would anybody be surprised that we're anywhere near the bottom when we're a small market. Also, I thought everybody was complaining about Mike Brown making too much money. Now he doesn't make enough? The "fans" here love to post anything they dig up that they think makes the team look bad. Like we don't get enough of that daily from the media. I really think that some members here think that Mike Brown reads these posts and they can guilt him in to stepping down. Even though it is obvious that he already has as far  as football operations. Or he miraculously decided to start spending a lot of money in FA the last 2 years.

Buffalo has an old stadium and none of the "help" the Brown family negotiated with the City of Cincinnati/Hamilton County.  The Pegulas are currently working on a new stadium deal and threatening to move the team.  Sound familiar?

I entirely disagree that Mike Brown has stepped away from football operations.  It appears that is all that he does.  The family takes care of  all the daily operating issues while Mikey still gets involved in personnel decisions.  Brown has to sign FAs.  The salary cap floor is $180M.  The Bengals are at $182M.  The new NFL rules do not allow a team to not spend money.  Only five teams have spent less money than the Bengals so far in 2021.  From how I read it the Jags and Panthers are going to have to find a way to spend some money this year. 

Archived