Vikings at Bengals - 2021 Week 1 Game Thread

The defense ultimately won this game, with the offense coming up with plays when it was most needed.  The scoreboard doesn't look like it but the points against are nearly all on Taylor and him punishing his OWN defense with stupid decisions.  Nice to see McPherson get a massive jolt of confidence in his first game.

Now, we need to know the extent of Joe's leg injury.

4 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

The defense ultimately won this game, with the offense coming up with plays when it was most needed.  The scoreboard doesn't look like it but the points against are nearly all on Taylor and him punishing his OWN defense with stupid decisions.  Nice to see McPherson get a massive jolt of confidence in his first game.

Now, we need to know the extent of Joe's leg injury.

I am worried about this as well. Was it the other knee??

3 minutes ago, Griever said:

I am worried about this as well. Was it the other knee??

Nope looked like the left leg.  I think the best we can hope is that it was his ankle (it did look like it turned a bit) and if it's the knee we have to hope it's just a tenderness/soreness issue exacerbated by a twist.  Worst case... he did some damage.

2 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Nope looked like the left leg.  I think the best we can hope is that it was his ankle (it did look like it turned a bit) and if it's the knee we have to hope it's just a tenderness/soreness issue exacerbated by a twist.  Worst case... he did some damage.

He looked fine running off the field at end of game. No limo.

Just now, membengal said:

He looked fine running off the field at end of game. No limo.

Agree that's a big positive, but we have to hope the reason he only threw like 3 (conservative) passes afterward is because they were being ultra careful because of pass pro questions and not that they were worried that he's playing on "a knee".  One thing we do know of Joe is that if it was something "new"... let's say some minor meniscus thing... he's just gonna play anyway.

Archived