Sewer Brewer: Week 1

46 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

I don't know, I got it from your Momma!!😂😂

Great post! It's this kind of quality posting that should make you feel empowered to judge what others do and say. And the way you added in the emojis so we all know how we're supposed to translate and react .... superior stuff.

9 minutes ago, DudleyDawson said:

Great post! It's this kind of quality posting that should make you feel empowered to judge what others do and say. And the way you added in the emojis so we all know how we're supposed to translate and react .... superior stuff.

You Haven't been around long enough to realize that I truly don't give a shit what anyone on here thinks!  😂😂

I didn’t see the game since I was traveling so had to follow it online. 

nice win, but should have been a cakewalk. Of course they Bungled it up like usual.  There may be times when going for it on 4th and 1 is a smart play but not when winning by 14 against a mediocre team when at home.  But coaches aren’t eligible for the Brewer 

Screwing up to allow a team to convert a 3rd and 20+ is the epitome of Brewerdom

Rotten Apple is the winner 

21 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

Bates and Awuzie needs to be added, I agree, Zac, definitely.  Hopkins for sure. Tough week to pick.  Don’t get me wrong, I like Bates but just saying.

***** J@w, Bates caused the fumble that led to a turn over in OT that got us the win.  Saw it in this AM's online newspaper.

17 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

Bengals Disease... Bwaa haaa haaaa!  Great line. :gobengals:

Apple was a suck pick up when we got him and apparently has gone downhill from there.

Time for the "its time to find your life's work" talk and bring up Trayvon Henderson.  Not a corner

but neither was Apple.  NOT Tony Brown!  If nothing else Henderson could be a good

special teams coverage guy or shine on the inactive list every week.

It would be nice to find some way for Mike Thomas to ride off into the sunset.

Trenton or Trent on the practice squad would probably do as well.

Tray Hopkins has been a C- Center for his entire career only made to look better

by the world of suck around him.  Now he's a C- Center coming off an injury and

I don't think that's going to help his standing.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Apple was a suck pick up when we got him and apparently has gone downhill from there.

Time for the "its time to find your life's work" talk and bring up Trayvon Henderson.  Not a corner

but neither was Apple.  NOT Tony Brown!  If nothing else Henderson could be a good

special teams coverage guy or shine on the inactive list every week.

It would be nice to find some way for Mike Thomas to ride off into the sunset.

Trenton or Trent on the practice squad would probably do as well.

Tray Hopkins has been a C- Center for his entire career only made to look better

by the world of suck around him.  Now he's a C- Center coming off an injury and

I don't think that's going to help his standing.

I suppose it depends on IF he can perform at a C level soon..

That was a pitiful performance his first game back from injury..

How much time will Coach Pollack

need to bring Hill up to a starting level??

Just hoping Hopkins can rebound to be adequate at this point..

On 9/13/2021 at 12:57 PM, High School Harry said:

***** J@w, Bates caused the fumble that led to a turn over in OT that got us the win.  Saw it in this AM's online newspaper.

Bengals Disease... Bwaa haaa haaaa!  Great line. :gobengals:

I pulled that from yahoo sports game plays and now went to Bengals.com to get that play and it looks like they both were in on the tackle but fumble caused by Pratt and then Pratt recovered it.  See below…

Fumble
(2:00) D.Cook right tackle to CIN 38 for no gain (G.Pratt; J.Bates). FUMBLES (G.Pratt), RECOVERED by CIN-G.Pratt at CIN 39. The Replay Official reviewed the fumble ruling, and the play was Upheld. The ruling on the field stands.

I said Bates because he screwed up twice on tackles that lead to two TDs.  I remember one where he was shaking his head near the one yard line after missing the sideline tackle. 

1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

I pulled that from yahoo sports game plays and now went to Bengals.com to get that play and it looks like they both were in on the tackle but fumble caused by Pratt and then Pratt recovered it.  See below…

Fumble
(2:00) D.Cook right tackle to CIN 38 for no gain (G.Pratt; J.Bates). FUMBLES (G.Pratt), RECOVERED by CIN-G.Pratt at CIN 39. The Replay Official reviewed the fumble ruling, and the play was Upheld. The ruling on the field stands.

I said Bates because he screwed up twice on tackles that lead to two TDs.  I remember one where he was shaking his head near the one yard line after missing the sideline tackle. 

Maybe I'm getting the plays confused, but I thought it was Apple who missed the sideline tackle.  Again, could have been a different sideline tackle.  Anyway, I thought both Bell and Bates had pretty good games, as did the rest of the secondary with the exception of the bad apple.

1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

Fumble

Cincinnati Enquirer said Bates tackle Pratt recovery.

Can't find it now but I did also see Pratt tackle, Pratt recovery.

I'm leaning toward the Enquirer had it wrong.  I could not tell and the replay on the scoreboard

was inconclusive.  No announcement was made about either who made the tackle or the

recovery.  Lots of love for Pratt on the sidelines.

So.... its all good.

29 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Maybe I'm getting the plays confused, but I thought it was Apple who missed the sideline tackle.  Again, could have been a different sideline tackle.  Anyway, I thought both Bell and Bates had pretty good games, as did the rest of the secondary with the exception of the bad apple.

It was Apple responsible for the 3 plays that led to the touchdown. 

12 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

x2

14 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Cincinnati Enquirer said Bates tackle Pratt recovery.

Can't find it now but I did also see Pratt tackle, Pratt recovery.

I'm leaning toward the Enquirer had it wrong.  I could not tell and the replay on the scoreboard

was inconclusive.  No announcement was made about either who made the tackle or the

recovery.  Lots of love for Pratt on the sidelines.

So.... its all good.

I just re-watched the game on that play it was a combined tackle but Pratt caused that fumble, he was trying to cause a fumble all game and actually tried tackling the football instead the runner a few times.  I wouldn't be surprised if Pratt forces a few more turnovers, especially against lesser competition than Dalvin Cook.

5 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I just re-watched the game on that play it was a combined tackle but Pratt caused that fumble, he was trying to cause a fumble all game and actually tried tackling the football instead the runner a few times.  I wouldn't be surprised if Pratt forces a few more turnovers, especially against lesser competition than Dalvin Cook.

OK and thank you.  I really did not know and was going on fake news from the Enquirer.  

A couple posters said the same thing, Pratt, in the game day thread when I asked.

I stand corrected.

22 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Oh they made up for the bad plays for sure.  I always record the game, but deleted this one as I was going to go back and double check, but maybe you are right and I may be mistaken.  Oh well, all is good either way. 

I saw something today that I wanted to share with you guys, but it doesn’t deserve a new thread.  Since it relates to a (likely) previous Sewer Brewer, I’ll just throw it in here. 
10C4B0ED-306B-4843-9BEB-4FD97FEC845E.thumb.jpeg.58b10e4a168b79adcca8e9241d0af511.jpegFCE61097-1E10-48AC-A19A-F662C5717F79.thumb.jpeg.f1f80798978866259f2a6e2495c7c069.jpeg

It was on Facebook, so I can’t vouch for its accuracy…

Yeah that’s a great story. I heard about it when it happened.  And yes he was a definite Sewer Brewer contender back in the day with his stone hands 

But do you know that he caught Andy Dullton’s only playoff TD pass? 

I was always surprised that he and Frostee Rucker managed to play as long as they did for the Cardinals 

9 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Yeah that’s a great story. I heard about it when it happened.  And yes he was a definite Sewer Brewer contender back in the day with his stone hands 

But do you know that he caught Andy Dullton’s only playoff TD pass? 

I was always surprised that he and Frostee Rucker managed to play as long as they did for the Cardinals 

It was a pretty damn good TD catch too.  

Archived