Vikings at Bengals - Good, Bad, & Ugly

I didn't like the call on the  4th down on the 30. But we survived it. But I do like that Zac is being more aggressive than any HC since Wyche. Instead of being the team that gets punched in the mouth we need to land some punches of our own.  We may not land all of them and we may end up in a losing fist fight but at least opponents know we will fight.  

Being more aggressive is not necessarily a trait of a good coach. In this case, it was an idiotic call. The risk/reward doesn't add up. I'll boil it down to brass tacks: If he's successful the Bengals are still 35 yards from scoring position. If he's not successful, the opponent is already in scoring position. Let's hope he learns from this but in yr 3, I'm getting tired of him learning on the job

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Reiter started every game for the Chiefs in 2019 and 2020. PFF says he graded better than 91% of all centers in pass protection. He made 3.75 mil last year so he's probably looking for a raise. But he was better than a healthy Hopkins and certainly better than the Hopkins we presently have. 

Agree 1000%

2 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Being more aggressive is not necessarily a trait of a good coach. In this case, it was an idiotic call. The risk/reward doesn't add up. I'll boil it down to brass tacks: If he's successful the Bengals are still 35 yards from scoring position. If he's not successful, the opponent is already in scoring position. Let's hope he learns from this but in yr 3, I'm getting tired of him learning on the job

Agree 1000% our defense was also playing well it was a foolish call that let them back in the game

3 hours ago, JungleJohn said:

I didn't like the call on the  4th down on the 30. But we survived it. But I do like that Zac is being more aggressive than any HC since Wyche. Instead of being the team that gets punched in the mouth we need to land some punches of our own.  We may not land all of them and we may end up in a losing fist fight but at least opponents know we will fight.  

I agree with you.  I applaud the effort and they overcame the outcome.

I have a brain worm that keeps repeating "This is a game Marvin would have lost".

So glad he is gone all the more.

The other side of my mouth says I was disappointed that Zac didn't throw the red flag

a couple times.  At least once.  Viking receiver caught the ball, turned (football move) with

possession, was hit and it shot out of his arms like a rocket.  Bengal picked it up.  Ruled incomplete

and I thought... where's the flag, Zac?

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I agree with you.  I applaud the effort and they overcame the outcome.

I have a brain worm that keeps repeating "This is a game Marvin would have lost".

So glad he is gone all the more.

The other side of my mouth says I was disappointed that Zac didn't throw the red flag

a couple times.  At least once.  Viking receiver caught the ball, turned (football move) with

possession, was hit and it shot out of his arms like a rocket.  Bengal picked it up.  Ruled incomplete

and I thought... where's the flag, Zac?

i thought the same but since it wasnt declared we gained procession of the ball and if the film didnt show clearly that we did (since it was at the bottom of a pile) even if we won the challenge that it was a completed pass and a fumble . that they  would have gave us the ball. 

16 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Zac is/has been over his head, at this point the team is winning in spite of him. 

Being up 21-7 at home in the 3rd quarter isn't when you get aggressive, that's stupidity. Any decent high school coach could tell you that, combined with his winning percentage, and it's safe to say this guy can't get out of his own way....he's lucky he has Burrow, better keep him healthy this time. 

Archived