Bengals at Bears - Game Week News/Notes/Chatter --- 2021 Season Week 2

3 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

In her defense, she is pretty damn hot.  :)

In all seriousness, the newer crop of athletes are a bit more "me" focused than some of us old-timers would like, especially at swagger positions like WR, CB, etc.  Ja'Marr is certainly no exception to that from the interviews I've seen.

However, the even worse trend is for "journalists" to misinterpret or misrepresent an interview quote for headlines/hits/sensationalism.

He was literally answering a direct question. 

21 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Bullshit.  His sense of humor is different than yours and you and others just feel better about yourselves if you can label him so.  Get over yourselves.  

Yeah, people, we should stop attacking people for thinking/being different…unless, of course, it’s for thinking differently about another person.  :ninja: 

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Bullshit.  His sense of humor is different than yours and you and others just feel better about yourselves if you can label him so.  Get over yourselves.  

Sorry. You do what he does, you are a bad person. He’s earned that opinion over years and years of being a bad person and being encouraged to be a bad person. You and others own this too. 

I’ve got him on ignore but people quote his crap so I still see too much of it. Hell, you all encourage the most self-loathing thread each week that can exist anywhere. But, hey, this board continues to be a shell of what it once was but as long as tibor can take open shits on everyone for a few people’s amusement it’s totally cool I guess.

33 minutes ago, membengal said:

Sorry. You do what he does, you are a bad person. He’s earned that opinion over years and years of being a bad person and being encouraged to be a bad person. You and others own this too. 

I’ve got him on ignore but people quote his crap so I still see too much of it. Hell, you all encourage the most self-loathing thread each week that can exist anywhere. But, hey, this board continues to be a shell of what it once was but as long as tibor can take open shits on everyone for a few people’s amusement it’s totally cool I guess.

I think of Tibor as a perineum…

…which is literally halfway between a dick and an asshole.  😎

sorry....I've derailed a good thread.

I've read his posts over the years. I know what he's about and have always just ignored it.

I abandoned many discussions here because they've evolved into pissing matches and that's just boring.

For whatever reason, last night - I reacted to silliness.

my bad......let's get back to this Sunday's game.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

This

9 hours ago, Cricket said:

Yeah, people, we should stop attacking people for thinking/being different…unless, of course, it’s for thinking differently about another person.  :ninja: 

I am responding to said attack.  Not the same.  There has already been one "grab the pitchforks and torches" movement to get Tibor tossed.  I may think differently about you ( I don't ) but I'm going to let you say your bit and not attack you personally. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

My god that is soft.  I get that you want everything to be positive.  Sunshine and rainbows.  I don't see things that way, but I'm fine with you being you.  You, and others, have no tolerance for people who see things differently.  Maybe a darker sense of humor or even just an analytical focus.  You label them.  You try to get them run off.  Sometimes self-loathing can be funny or therapeutic.  I'm not suggesting you need to participate, but let others do their thing. 

It's really not yours, or anyone's fault.  Just another example of how we as a society are polarized and that anyone who thinks differently must be a bad person.  Sad really. 

8 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

There is seeing something differently, and there is taking joy in the misery of others. 

There is a word for people like that.

Being a Bengals fan includes plenty of shared misery.  Then again I try to remind myself that it's just sports and I would rather laugh about it than cry. 

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

Being a Bengals fan includes plenty of shared misery.  Then again I try to remind myself that it's just sports and I would rather laugh about it than cry. 

Sure, but taking pleasure in the misery of others literally makes that person a sadist. Like it's a textbook definition.

Just now, Jamie_B said:

Sure, but taking pleasure in the misery of others literally makes that person a sadist. Like it's a textbook definition.

Maybe a bit.  There's a little of those things in all of us.  A psychiatrist friend once told me "We're all crazy.  Most of us are functional." 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

My god that is soft.  I get that you want everything to be positive.  Sunshine and rainbows.  I don't see things that way, but I'm fine with you being you.  You, and others, have no tolerance for people who see things differently.  Maybe a darker sense of humor or even just an analytical focus.  You label them.  You try to get them run off.  Sometimes self-loathing can be funny or therapeutic.  I'm not suggesting you need to participate, but let others do their thing. 

It's really not yours, or anyone's fault.  Just another example of how we as a society are polarized and that anyone who thinks differently must be a bad person.  Sad really. 

Respectfully, FUCK YOU.  That's not me. At all. i hammered this team for years starting 2007 for keeping Marvin on. My time on this board goes back before that. But, seriously FUCK YOU ENTIRELY for acting like tibor posts in good faith. He's a fucking oozing sore of a troll.  

But, I will be fair. I will let you and tibor run me off. Because it is shit being on a board where people laugh and jerk each other off over shit threads like tibor starts. I've seen enough losing in 50 years of following this team to not want to fucking wallow in it with trolls. You win.  you think it is funny. I don't. So, show's over. Enjoy what's left. 

16 minutes ago, membengal said:

Respectfully, FUCK YOU.  That's not me. At all. i hammered this team for years starting 2007 for keeping Marvin on. My time on this board goes back before that. But, seriously FUCK YOU ENTIRELY for acting like tibor posts in good faith. He's a fucking oozing sore of a troll.  

But, I will be fair. I will let you and tibor run me off. Because it is shit being on a board where people laugh and jerk each other off over shit threads like tibor starts. I've seen enough losing in 50 years of following this team to not want to fucking wallow in it with trolls. You win.  you think it is funny. I don't. So, show's over. Enjoy what's left. 

+1

And I was just about to post that ass wipe trolls like tibor, specifically, and others to one degree or another

are chasing good people off.  T-Dub being the most recent example but the long lost Village Chief, Rick, is

another.

Seriously, Mods, time to flush the trolls down the shitter with a courtesy flush to get them all the

way to Cleveland where they belong.  Time to face the fact that they are killing the goose that

laid the orange and black egg right at the time it is about to hatch into something spectacular.

At the very least (and I hope it is not the least), at least throw around a warning or two.

I mean, shit get old.  Off season not a lot going on but now we are off and running with

Joe, Joe, Ja'marr, Evan and the AWSOME D and the personal shots and trolling from the same people

continues.  Addition by subtraction and hopefully some long time posters now lurking

(Rumble, Dudley, etc) will post more and maybe we can get some of the departed good

posters back.

Archived