Injuries?

This is a little late but I was thinking about how healthy we came out of Sunday's win. I don't recall hearing much talk at all.

I did read a blurb buried in one of Hobson's articles about them checking out Mixon's foot on the sideline.........that's concerning.

Burrow did say his ankle was rolled up on but that it was fine.

I'm not aware of anybody else getting banged up. If those two are nothing, then, that's a cherry on top of the victory.

5 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Today we're hearing Ricardo Allen has a broken hand. Are we just hearing about that now? 

It was news to me...something about a hamstring too.  Put on IR, 3 weeks minimum.  He had a really good game against the Vikes too.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/9/15/22675852/bengals-place-ricardo-allen-on-injured-reserve-add-sean-davis-to-practice-squad

The Cincinnati Bengals today placed backup safety Ricardo Allen on the Reserve/Injured list. 

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Allen suffered a broken hand during the team’s Week 1 victory over the Minnesota Vikings. Allen also has a hamstring injury, but his broken hand will be what sidelines him for at least three weeks. 

To replace Allen on the active roster, the club signed wide receiver Trenton Irwin from the practice squad. Irwin, who originally joined the Bengals during through 2019, was waived during final cuts and signed back to the practice squad despite having an impressive training camp and preseason. 

With Irwin on the 53-man roster, the team added safety Sean Davis to replace Irwin on the practice squad. Davis, a sixth-year player out of the University of Maryland, originally was a second-round pick of the Pittsburgh Stealers in the 2016 NFL Draft, the same year Mike Hilton originally joined the Stealers. Davis has most recently been with the Indianapolis Colts and was released from their practice squad Tuesday.

Allen’s injury leaves just three safeties on the active roster, but Davis and or Trayvon Henderson can be elevated from the practice squad this week to add depth.

*** The return of Trenton Irwin.

On 9/15/2021 at 3:44 PM, membengal said:

It was new news today.

So when did it happen? Here's the thing with our Bengals (and maybe all NFL teams) we can't tell on Sunday evening how many injuries we sustained. Some just seem to appear and this is one of them

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

So when did it happen? Here's the thing with our Bengals (and maybe all NFL teams) we can't tell on Sunday evening how many injuries we sustained. Some just seem to appear and this is one of them

It happened during the game. No teams give complete injury updates (or any injury updates) between Sunday games and Wednesday. So if there are things that happened during the game that are not obvious, news on them leak or become known Monday, Tuesday and/or Wednesday up to when moves are made and injury reports have to be filed. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

It happened during the game. No teams give complete injury updates (or any injury updates) between Sunday games and Wednesday. So if there things that happened during the game that are not obvious, news on them leak or become known Monday, Tuesday and/or Wednesday up to when moves are made and injury reports have to be filed. 

:icon15:

Archived