Sewer Brewer: Week 2

Yeah you can't argue much with Joe getting it, he probably should have had a couple more INTs.  It's weird to see him throw to "spots" without checking first but he did it at least three times today.

If we're picking "turning point" plays to me it was Tee's fumble, we had everything going there and it flipped the momentum on its head in an instant.

4 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Not much to argue.  Plenty of bad play to go around on offense, but three picks....ouch. 

Did like that he bounced back.  Expect that was an aberration. 

Yeah, here is hoping.  Steeler game will tell us a lot.  If he looks like crap, it's the same ol Bengals. 

Although I can't get behind the "Wheelburrow" nickname (though it is funny), i can get behind Burrow's nomination. 22 missing a tackle on a 3rd and 12 was horrendous. Vonn Bell's taunting erasing what would have been 3rd & 12 out of their own endzone. Eli Apple for pretending to play. Burrow's ints were the breakers.

3 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

As much as Rotten Apple (again) and Vontaze Bell embarrassed themselves with penalties,  this game was clearly lost by the offense.  Yeah, Tee Hee Higgens is a close second as would be Jonah Williams.

+1 for Vontaze Bell

although I thought it was a bullship nit picky call Andrea whined her way in to.

Bell got called for a penalty for hurting Andrea's feelings and damaging her self esteem.

BUT... shouldn't have happened.

(not sure where else to put this and means nothing but I thought Joe took a lot of late hits in the pocket... jmho...

wanted to see something called there BUT... )

Speaking of someone who deserves some mention....Perine...this guy looks exactly like a guy that has been cut multiple times by multiple teams.  Yes, he is a load when he runs, but he can't block and today we saw he can't catch.  We signed this guy long term and let Bernard walk?

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

(not sure where else to put this and means nothing but I thought Joe took a lot of late hits in the pocket... jmho...

wanted to see something called there BUT... )

I thought the same thing. The play before the play where he did get the late hit call out of bounds should have been flagged.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

At their current rate the Bengals will allow 76 sacks this season.  Last season?  48.  Not good.

That would either tie or break the all time NFL Record in a season, I think that David Carr may hold.  Not a record you want.  Burrow said in post game as they asked him about getting sacked a lot, he said, part of the game, um, no, not that many times.  Sounded like he didn’t want to throw anyone that wasn’t blocking well under the bus.  Is this considered Leadership? 

5 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

That would either tie or break the all time NFL Record in a season, I think that David Carr may hold.  Not a record you want.  Burrow said in post game as they asked him about getting sacked a lot, he said, part of the game, um, no, not that many times.  Sounded like he didn’t want to throw anyone that wasn’t blocking well under the bus.  Is this considered Leadership? 

As an individual Carr holds that dubious distinction with 76.  As a team the 1986 Philadelphia Eagles allowed 104 sacks.  😳

6 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

To the media?  Right thing to say.  In the room?  Different story.  On the other hand if you don't have a guy better than the guy giving up the sacks, why bury the guy?  Isn't going to help.

24 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

To the media?  Right thing to say.  In the room?  Different story.  On the other hand if you don't have a guy better than the guy giving up the sacks, why bury the guy?  Isn't going to help.

Never said bury the guy, but he could say in general, many things were not going well in the game, blocking, myself trying to force passes, etc…. Everyone saw the issue and they see it on video too so it is not like it is a secret.  😂 In the locker room, I don’t think he would say anything there either, the coaches need to speak up or what are they being paid for? 

Archived