Bengals at Bears Game Thread - 2021 Season Week 2

• I rarely give up on the Bengals. When I had season tickets I left at half time twice. had them fort 13 years... ..babck to back weeks in. 2000 I think.. Against the Rams and the Chargers.. like 28-0  at the half in both.. . I gave up and quit watching today... 4 fucking turnovers in a row.. I ;eft and had a beer or 7
  • nice to see the actually made it respectable, but fuck 

9 minutes ago, membengal said:

This just bugs me.  Beyond the fact that anyone watching the game knows the D played damned well.  They weren't perfect, but played plenty well enough to win that game.  What really gets me is how Taylor just doesn't get it.  You know who the audience is for those interviews?  Fans?  Nope.  The players.  The players are listening to everything you say about them.  Coaches like Belichick and Lewis say/said jack squat because they don't want to say the wrong thing to the team.  I'm sure the defense is plenty steamed over those comments.  Dude just can't get out of his own way. 

As pissed as I am, I have to note...this fucking division is there for the taking. Stealers offense sucks, and they have having injuries. Ravens are beset by injuries, and Browns got taken to the limit at home by the Texans backup QB. Fucking get your house in order ZT and win some fucking games. 

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

This just bugs me.  Beyond the fact that anyone watching the game knows the D played damned well.  They weren't perfect, but played plenty well enough to win that game.  What really gets me is how Taylor just doesn't get it.  You know who the audience is for those interviews?  Fans?  Nope.  The players.  The players are listening to everything you say about them.  Coaches like Belichick and Lewis say/said jack squat because they don't want to say the wrong thing to the team.  I'm sure the defense is plenty steamed over those comments.  Dude just can't get out of his own way. 

couldn't agree more.

It's embarrassing that he could even believe that, let alone say it out loud.

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

As pissed as I am, I have to note...this fucking division is there for the taking. Stealers offense sucks, and they have having injuries. Ravens are beset by injuries, and Browns got taken to the limit at home by the Texans backup QB. Fucking get your house in order ZT and win some fucking games. 

Right, at WORST (Ravens win tonight) the division is reset after today. Obviously the loss sucks today but it absolutely could have been worse.

12 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

The oline sucked..

4 sacks 9 hits on JB..

Seemed like everytime they stunted on the right side XSF and Reiff were confused..

Williams looked bad too..

Thoroughly embarrassing performance by them...

What can Pollack do with this unit???

He can click his heels together 3 times and whirl his wand around and say the magic words

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

I 100% believe that Burrow wins that game if Hendrickson makes that play on Fields. Damn shame. 

Wait, are you saying that Burrow almost won that game because the reality is he played like shit and lost it. 

2 hours ago, saphead said:

Looks like we'll be tied for 1st in the division no matter what happens tonight. So there's that. 

Does it matter the way this team is playing at this point? I just want to keep Joe B semi healthy thru this season. 

Next Sunday will tell me where this team is...Shitsburgh is a very winnable game even in their house, they are not good and neither are we. We'll see who has the most guts and better coaching.

17 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If the team keeps playing like this, or the O at least it will get interesting- MB has a lot of patience but he may have far less than usual if his new star Ferrari is getting beat up every game

Ferrari?  More like a 3 series BNW.  

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

This is a completely different game if Bell doesn’t taunt…and if the refs call the blatantly obvious pass interference on that 4th-down play.

We have to overcome calls weekly and the players should be coached up not to do idiotic things that hurt the team.

Sadly that's not happening.

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:
  • I rarely give up on the Bengals. When I had season tickets I left at half time twice. had them fort 13 years... ..babck to back weeks in. 2000 I think.. Against the Rams and the Chargers.. like 28-0  at the half in both.. . I gave up and quit watching today... 4 fucking turnovers in a row.. I ;eft and had a beer or 7
  • nice to see the actually made it respectable, but fuck 

Respectible in score doesn't make it respectable as a game. They got their asses kicked.

I'd classify today's game as a shitshow of a totally unprepared team to go on the road against a very beatable opponent.

Who is responsible for preparation and further, making adjustments in real game time?

I think we know.

Archived