Nearly 29 year's ago...

"On a play on September 20, 1992 against the Cincinnati Bengals, Majkowski tore a ligament in his ankle. He was replaced after the play by Brett Favre, who completed the game.".   .

..and Favre went on to win that game and never looked back.

Why do we have to lose to a rookie and make them look like the second coming all in the same game ?  Yes, I'm a little pissed off still but I do take comfort in knowing that the Stealers lost too.  This Bear's game was not a game we should have lost.

• Numbers changed the title to Nearly 29 year's ago...
5 minutes ago, Numbers said:

"On a play on September 20, 1992 against the Cincinnati Bengals, Majkowski tore a ligament in his ankle. He was replaced after the play by Brett Favre, who completed the game.".   .

Why do we have to lose to a rookie and make them look like the second coming all in the same game ?  Yes, I'm a little pissed off still but I do take comfort in knowing that the Stealers lost too.  This Bear's game was not a game we should have lost.

I was thinking the same thing about Farve although without all the extra detail you provided (props).

Traditionally, this team has never met a rookie they can't lose to.

2 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

I don’t recall Brett throwing an INT and getting a lucky run for a first down from a missed tackle in that game.

He was sacked 5 times in that game and had a run for 19 yards and managed to get a 97.1 passer rating.  So not too bad at all and courtesy of the Bengals.

7 minutes ago, Numbers said:

He was sacked 5 times in that game and had a run for 19 yards and managed to get a 97.1 passer rating.  So not too bad at all and courtesy of the Bengals.

I was a Falcon's season ticket holder when they drafted Favre.  He had some good games for the Falcons and we were all surprised when they dumped him.  Come to find out later it was because he was such a party boy.  He always had "it."

13 minutes ago, Numbers said:

And he went on to lose 4 of his next 6 games after that win, but did bounce back for 6 straight wins before losing final game.  I believe he played way more than Fields in that game compared to this one and Fields will not be a Favre.  What did Fields do that was so great?  They won because of our turnovers. So you are calling Zac a Shula?  Might be. 

2 hours ago, Numbers said:

And this was Shula’s first loss.

38 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Fabre wasn’t a rookie either. 

Forgot about that, well, do you consider him a rookie if he never played in his first season, well, he threw only four passes and played in one game with Atlanta, barely.  I had to look that up and I forgot that he was drafted by Atlanta in 2nd Round and Glanville did not agree with it because he said, it would take a plane crash for him to put Favre into the game.  Their QB at the time, Chris Miller.  😂 Atlanta traded him to Green Bay in 1992 thus then we created him to what he became. I am sure the Falcon fans are POd to this day about that trade just like I am sure we all were when MFB would not take New Orleans entire draft picks where he wanted the great Akili Bust Smith as an example. 

8 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

Forgot about that, well, do you consider him a rookie if he never played in his first season, well, he threw only four passes and played in one game with Atlanta, barely.  I had to look that up and I forgot that he was drafted by Atlanta in 2nd Round and Glanville did not agree with it because he said, it would take a plane crash for him to put Favre into the game.  Their QB at the time, Chris Miller.  😂 Atlanta traded him to Green Bay in 1992 thus then we created him to what he became. I am sure the Falcon fans are POd to this day about that trade just like I am sure we all were when MFB would not take New Orleans entire draft picks where he wanted the great Akili Bust Smith as an example. 

Good points and it wasn’t like that year in Atlanta did him anymore good than Steve Young’s time in Tampa Bay. 

1 hour ago, TigerJ@w said:

Damn.  My memories of Favre in Atlanta are so different than reality.  I thought he played some.  I was wrong...and I was at all those home games! 

It was well known that Favre was 100% drunk his time in Atlanta.  They had to get rid of him.  Even his Pro Football Reference page refers to him as "Buckhead Brett."

13 hours ago, Numbers said:

Plurals aren't hard.

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

Fabre wasn’t a rookie either. 

You're right.  I forgot.  Just some fresh meat off the bench who had never been in a game before unless some stuff at Atlanta.  

14 hours ago, Numbers said:

This Bear's game was not a game we should have lost.

QFT... I'm being strangely philosophical about it this morning.

Chalking it up to one on the learning curve for a young team and coach.

Another thread...

Archived