Bengals at Stealers Game Week- News/Notes/Chatter - 2021 Season Game 3

Yesterday was a dumpster fire in a train wreck.

I think this Sunday is a Must Win Game and... no kidding... winnable.

**With a little tweaking like Apple going on season ending IR with a massive case of worms or

something and letting Darius Phillips play there and someone else return punts.

**Look at Chiefs free agent Center Austin Reiter and see if he would come in for the remainder of the season to establish

himself for another run at free agency for bigger bucks next year.  I think Trey Hopkins knocked off the rust and found a 

hole eaten all the way through his body.  Well, maybe he could play Guard better than Spain and Sua'Fooey until the kids

can step in.

Whatever, etc.  I think this is a huge game and winnable if we don't beat ourselves.:steelerssuck:

49 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Yesterday was a dumpster fire in a train wreck.

I think this Sunday is a Must Win Game and... no kidding... winnable.

**With a little tweaking like Apple going on season ending IR with a massive case of worms or

something and letting Darius Phillips play there and someone else return punts.

**Look at Chiefs free agent Center Austin Reiter and see if he would come in for the remainder of the season to establish

himself for another run at free agency for bigger bucks next year.  I think Trey Hopkins knocked off the rust and found a 

hole eaten all the way through his body.  Well, maybe he could play Guard better than Spain and Sua'Fooey until the kids

can step in.

Whatever, etc.  I think this is a huge game and winnable if we don't beat ourselves.:steelerssuck:

Yeah, I don't understand why Apple got so many snaps. Apparently playing time is determined by how well you practice, not how well you play in games.

Reiter is on the Saints practice squad now. Probably not for long.

XSF has been a career backup until he reached Cincinnati, where he's starting material. Almost a replay of the Bobby Hart saga.

8 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

He's also confident that if he keeps digging through the horse shit there has to be a pony in there somewhere.

Lol, the sad thing is Burrow is apparently projected to be sacked a record breaking amount of times as-is.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

I totally agree. This game is absolutely winnable. The Stealers offense sucks. The Bengals can cover and pressure the QB and stop the run. Let's go stuff it right up these turds' ass on Sunday!

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, I don't understand why Apple got so many snaps. Apparently playing time is determined by how well you practice, not how well you play in games.

Reiter is on the Saints practice squad now. Probably not for long.

XSF has been a career backup until he reached Cincinnati, where he's starting material. Almost a replay of the Bobby Hart saga.

Three out of three.... boom.

Can't we take someone off a practice squad if they are not protected and we put them on the 53?

True, take some time to get up to speed esp for a Center but he's been around long enough to have seen if not it all,

most of it and can pick it up pretty quick.  Henderson is finished.  The draft choice kid isn't ready at least yet.

Reiter > Henderson and Carman can't be that much worse than career back up Bobby 2.0.

I'm not nearly as down on Not Marvin as most.  For example, the team came back and made a game

of it Sunday and a Marvin team would not have come out of the locker room at half time.

The old saying/cliche about a game coming down to two or three plays was certainly the case Sunday.

And I'm not talking (just) about Burrow's two interceptions and the third I blame on Mixon playing volleyball

and serving it up for the Bears D.

6 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I totally agree. This game is absolutely winnable. The Stealers offense sucks. The Bengals can cover and pressure the QB and stop the run. Let's go stuff it right up these turds' ass on Sunday!

I see the delfense rising up again for this one as well..

What about our oline limitation schemes as HavePityi said??

We have a problem...

This really is a huge game, one that could set quite a tone for the next several weeks:

- You got our most hated division rival at their place, if we can pull out a win that puts us at 2-1 and confidence will be soaring again.

- Then we have the Jags coming into the Jungle on ROH night, the crowd should be amped. Win that and we're sitting at 3-1.

- Then we got the Packers coming into town, which may be hard game. Even if we lose that one, we sit at 3-2

- The Lions are next which I certainly hope we can win to get us to 4-2

Pretty optimistic viewpoint but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility if the Offense can get their shit together and the Def keeps playing the way they are

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I agree the game is winnable and the D should have a big say.  They will need to avoid being bated into the trash talking and late hits endemic to "Stealer Footbawl!"  I'm looking at you Vonn Bell. 

And you know after he took out Juju Smith-Schuster last year, they're going to be looking for him. 

20 minutes ago, membengal said:

If I had to put my finger on what is still not fully back for Burrow yet post-ACL, it is literally this...

16 minutes ago, membengal said:

This all gets chalked up to "duh" and is why all of us wanted the team to put all resources into the OL as first priority in the offseason.  Not only is he coming off injury, but also because Joe changed the way he sets up and throws - which includes, by the descriptions we got, setting "harder" on both feet and deliberately pushing off the back foot - so it follows that he's not as light on his feet or otherwise less ready to run as he consciously sets his feet to throw while he continues to get used to this new technique.

I wonder if Joe will do something to try and improve this.  Seems like it's not the time to play around much.  As BFITO has been saying many times the empty sets are probably the stupidest thing we can do right now considering all these weaknesses.

Archived