Bengals at Bears - Good, Bad, & Ugly

GOOD
The defense only allowed 13 points of which, two of the FGs were off of turnovers in the area that put the Bears in FG range.

Larry Ogunjobi was very disruptive again today.

Trey Hendrickson had good pressure and grabbed 1.5 sacks. Too bad he couldn’t bring down Fields when we needed him to.

Chidobe Awuzie despite whiffing on a key tackle played some really good defense today.

Evan McPherson nailed a 53 yard FG.

Logan Wilson’s INT was huge. Too bad we couldn’t finish them.

BAD
Tee Higgins fumble was really tough and ill timed. The momentum swung hard.

4 turnovers in the 2nd half. Essentially four turnovers in 20 minutes.

Brandon Wilson continually bringing the ball out of the endzone with poor results.

Vonn Bell’s taunting penalty was completely unnecessary.

Eli Apple with another costly penalty on the Bears opening drive.

Ja’marr Chase fails at trying to block Eddie Jackson costing the Bengals a key first down

Samaje Perine is a horseshit blocker. I remember so many people on this board that didn’t want Gio Bernard. Still think that way?

UGLY
Offensive line is dogshit. They can’t run block or pass block. Burrow is going to get killed. The first round pick and considerably more focus in free agency should have gone in to this key area. 

Play calling was so terrible. At one point the Bears stopped a swing pass to CJ Uzomah so they turned around and tried it again and got stopped. I get the need to run the ball but they have to take the reins off the offense earlier.

Burrow throws back-to-back-to-back INTs.

Good:  D Line!  They are keeping us in games despite Eli Apple.

Bad:  Players returning from injury.  Trey Hopkins is not ready; he's killing the O Line play; and Joe Burrow is as expected, lacks movement and is killing play action.

Ugly:  Game plan.  Really??? We threw that shit out there after week one.  Why not at least repeat the week 1 plan, it worked.

1 hour ago, Spotto said:

Bad:  Players returning from injury.  Trey Hopkins is not ready; he's killing the O Line play; and Joe Burrow is as expected, lacks movement and is killing play action.

Ugly:  Game plan.  Really??? We threw that shit out there after week one.  Why not at least repeat the week 1 plan, it worked.

Another Ugly is the COVID restrictions in Australia

Wow, dude.  Must totally suck wallaby balls.

7 hours ago, Spotto said:

Front 7 playing well..

Apple has to be replaced now..

Darius Phillips anyone?

Outside of that the D is good...

I expect players that are returning from serious injuries to play below par for a time..

Every injury takes certain time to recover fully..

Burrow Hopkins and Waynes are going thru this..

Every team deals with this ..

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Front 7 playing well..

Apple has to be replaced now..

Darius Phillips anyone?

Outside of that the D is good...

I expect players that are returning from serious injuries to play below par for a time..

Every injury takes certain time to recover fully..

Burrow Hopkins and Waynes are going thru this..

Every team deals with this ..

I'll take Darius Phillips for $500, Alex.

Who should replace Wormy Apple.

Correct. Next question.

I'll take "Trenton Irwin" for $400.

Who should return punts replacing Darius Phillips Sunday.

Correct, Harry.

23 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Another Ugly is the COVID restrictions in Australia

Wow, dude.  Must totally suck wallaby balls.

Not fun here, nearly been locked down for a whole year since Feb 2020.

But football is back so things are on the up. Hopefully Bengals as well.

I am not sure it's really the offensive line. I think so far it's been playcalling (which may be a product of the offensive line), Burrow, Mixon and Chase. If you dig deeper into the numbers that seems to be the case.

Burrow and Chase are obvious issues (injury and youth) that should be rectified simply with time. Mixon should also break one or two. I am less worried believing they are the issue than the OL

3 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I am not sure it's really the offensive line. I think so far it's been playcalling (which may be a product of the offensive line), Burrow, Mixon and Chase. If you dig deeper into the numbers that seems to be the case.

Burrow and Chase are obvious issues (injury and youth) that should be rectified simply with time. Mixon should also break one or two. I am less worried believing they are the issue than the OL

Play calling is totally on the offensive line. When you're playing a bunch of sugar sets to get quick passes and you can't run the ball... 

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Play calling is totally on the offensive line. When you're playing a bunch of sugar sets to get quick passes and you can't run the ball... 

Thats it..

Until this oline is consistent they'll struggle ..

Right now theyre consistently lettting  JB get hit.and hit..and hit.. 

JB HAS to realize hes not getting 3 seconds to scan and pass...

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Thats it..

Until this oline is consistent they'll struggle ..

Right now theyre consistently lettting  JB get hit.and hit..and hit.. 

JB HAS to realize hes not getting 3 seconds to scan and pass...

But is getting 3 seconds typical? Every sack has been after 3 seconds. Which seems like a long time. 

4 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

But is getting 3 seconds typical? Every sack has been after 3 seconds. Which seems like a long time. 

2.57 league average I believe..

Our oline struggles with that time .

Another priblem Im having is opening gaps for Mixon..

Theyre few and far between..

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

2.57 league average I believe..

Our oline struggles with that time .

Another priblem Im having is opening gaps for Mixon..

Theyre few and far between..

Dehner had a stat this week that he was by FAR (a huge margin) the worst RB in the league against light defenses. I am not a smart man but that seems to mean only one of 2 things....1) there are no holes despite the numbers meaning there should be...2) he isn't finding the holes. 

2 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Dehner had a stat this week that he was by FAR (a huge margin) the worst RB in the league against light defenses. I am not a smart man but that seems to mean only one of 2 things....1) there are no holes despite the numbers meaning there should be...2) he isn't finding the holes. 

Well it may take him time to find the opening..

I mean it looks like its a slight wedge to get thru hence his yrds after hit average..

I want Coach Pollack to get the cohesiveness together..

Its only 2 games so it mat still happen but in the meantime its hurting JB snd Mixon tremendously..

Archived