Logan fucking Wilson 3 Ints in 2 games

Dline

Bad

Apple I guess?

Ugly

Absolutely Nothing

Apple played pretty well today

Good:

- Trey Hendrickson is a fuggin beast.  I know some were nervous he wouldn't be as "disruptive" as Lawson, but it is very safe to say Trey is an upgrade, and not a small one.

- Hilton makes a lot of plays that aren't noticed but are integral to what they're doing.

- Run D comes out and pitches another gem.  It's so nice to watch on obvious run plays the immovable wall just consume runners.

- Chase just keeps ballin'

- Wilson is becoming exactly what the coaches said he would, great draft pick and the whole unit is looking really strong.

- No sacks for PIttsburgh?  Hat tip to the OL.

- First time since NINETEEN NINETY FIVE we beat them by more than ten?  Fuckin' eh!  Now keep it going, and by more next time.

Bad:

- Hopkins still isn't 100% back, but he seems to be improving.  Still, some costly penalties that ended up not affecting the game.

- Some risky plays late in the game (pass play on first down after a 9-minute Pittsburgh series?  That your D fought like warriors for you to force only 3 points?  And you give them back one minute?)

Ugly:

- I wouldn't call anything specifically ugly, which is great.

GOOD
Joe Burrow was a great deal more mobile this week and was very efficient
Joe Mixon ran hard all game
Ja’Marr Chase with an outstanding catch and another solid game
Logan Wilson making plays all over the place including two INTs
Run defense held Harris to 40 yards and 2.9 YPC
Solid tackling all game
Double digit victory in Pittsburgh
0 sacks surrendered. Best game to date by the offensive line.

Trey Hendrickson constantly brings the noise.

BAD
Darius Phillips running backwards on the punt return

UGLY
Ben Roethlisberger’s face

5 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Great win.

But another pedestrian performance from Burrow has me concerned.  Is he truly a franchise QB? 

It may have been pedestrian, but keep in mind he still hasn’t played a full season yet, is still coming off of an injury, and he also didn’t have Higgins today. I’m not going to worry about him. And plus, we won! Sometimes you have to take what the defense will give you.

9 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Great win.

But another pedestrian performance from Burrow has me concerned.  Is he truly a franchise QB? 

14 for 18 for 172 and 3 TDs and an INT is pedestrian? OK. I will take pedestrian. The guy is 12.5 games in to his career and three games in to the season after blowing his ACL and MCL. I think it's a bit early to be questioning him in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, mhfinks said:

Apple played pretty well today

I only saw the second half and Apple was miserable.  Can't cover and can't tackle.  PI call and beaten regularly.  Good thing the Squealers can't catch and the Rapist can't throw all that well anymore either.

9 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Great win.

Bah.  Who cares about big numbers.  The only number that matters is wins.  Burrow did exactly what he needed to do.  Winners win. 

Just now, Jamie_B said:

Actually the best thing today???

Because of tie breakers and the Browns and Ravens losing to AFC teams while we lost to an NFC team

The Bengals are in first place in the divison.

Plus, we have first place because it is a division win.

6 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

It may have been pedestrian, but keep in mind he still hasn’t played a full season yet, is still coming off of an injury, and he also didn’t have Higgins today. I’m not going to worry about him. And plus, we won! Sometimes you have to take what the defense will give you.

lol. don't let him troll you. 

Good: 

Jackson Carman.  Other than a false start I liked his game.  Upgrade over Sua-Filo. 

Logan Wilson.  Guy just makes plays.  Lots of 'em!

Hendrickson and Hubbard.  Lots of motor from both sides. 

Ja'marr Chase:  All he does is catch touchdowns.  (Shout out to Middletown Middie Chris Carter)

Sad mouth breathing Pittsburgh fans watching their team suck ass.

Bad:

Eli Apple:  Can't cover, can't tackle.

Awuzie tweaking a groin late in the game.  Can't afford to lose him.

Ugly:

Nothing.  Beautiful Sunday.

Good:

Defense in general and dline/wilson in particular

Mixon ran well

Oline allowing no sack and getting some push in the run game

Bad

3rd and longs

Zac's coaching sometimes, who calls a pass play when its late in the 4th, you have a big lead, and Pitt needs all the timeouts the have. I swear Zac is just trying to show how smart he is instead of winning the damn game.

23 minutes ago, gupps said:

Good:

Defense in general and dline/wilson in particular

Mixon ran well

Oline allowing no sack and getting some push in the run game

Bad

3rd and longs

Zac's coaching sometimes, who calls a pass play when its late in the 4th, you have a big lead, and Pitt needs all the timeouts the have. I swear Zac is just trying to show how smart he is instead of winning the damn game.

You better watch out questioning Zac, someone might tell you to let it go. 

Archived