Bengals at Stealers - Good, Bad, & Ugly

On 9/26/2021 at 6:12 PM, UncleEarl said:

While I love the Rapistburger trashing, how bad were his receivers?  Constant drops.  Najee Harris can't catch a cold.

That was one of Trent Green's big misses. He earlier commented on how underrated NH was as a receiver. It was one of many misstatements as color commentator. I came away questioning his knowledge of the game

42 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

That was one of Trent Green's big misses. He earlier commented on how underrated NH was as a receiver. It was one of many misstatements as color commentator. I came away questioning his knowledge of the game

Wut.

Stealers targeted Harris 19 times and he had 14 catches.

56 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Did you watch the game? He had soft tosses that he dropped bigtime. That's not a guy with good hands and that's why we can't just go by stats. 

Yes. I watched the game. He had NINETEEN TARGETS and CAUGHT FOURTEEN. NOT ALL FIVE THAT HE DIDN'T CATCH WERE DROPS. HE'S A FINE TARGET OUT OF THE BACKFIELD AS HE HAD FOURTEEN CATCHES ON NINETEEN TARGETS. 

I could have caught those 14 balls and I'm no athlete. I'm just a middle aged guy typing on a laptop.

Is there something about this site that changes "Steeler" to "Stealer"? I notice even the address of the Steeler depot site got autocorrected

11 hours ago, membengal said:

Yes. I watched the game. He had NINETEEN TARGETS and CAUGHT FOURTEEN. NOT ALL FIVE THAT HE DIDN'T CATCH WERE DROPS. HE'S A FINE TARGET OUT OF THE BACKFIELD AS HE HAD FOURTEEN CATCHES ON NINETEEN TARGETS. 

His last three or four were horrific drops.  Maybe he just quit like Boyd said. 

Love those CAPS.  Those ensure you are correct.

Gosh, pardon me interrupting the usual fun and games but I found the article below interesting.  What its really saying is the Bengals Offensive line haded this guy his ass so bad the Stealers cut their starting linebacker.

Stealers lose starting linebacker to L.A. Rams

Allison Koehler

Wed, September 29, 2021, 6:55 PM

Jamir Jones had nothing to show for 22 pass rush snaps versus Joe Burrow and the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 3 — and was shown the door on Monday.

The Stealers waived Jones to make room for Derrek Tuszka, who was promoted from the practice squad this week. He posted a whopping two tackles in 27 snaps on Sunday.

Surely Pittsburgh hoped Jones would clear waivers but instead, the Rams snapped him up for depth. This isn’t the first time the Stealers got burned by poor decision-making. Earlier this month, rookie linebacker Quincy Roche was released in favor of Jones and the Giants claimed him.

Jones’s dominance in the preseason (four sacks, six quarterback hits) led to a spot on the 53-man roster, but his performance fell flat once the regular season rolled around — he registered three tackles and one quarterback hit in 36 snaps.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Gosh, pardon me interrupting the usual fun and games but I found the article below interesting.  What its really saying is the Bengals Offensive line haded this guy his ass so bad the Stealers cut their starting linebacker.

This is going to fix all their problems, right?  Right? 

:ninja:

9 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

His last three or four were horrific drops. 

That was unbelievable. That was the point in the game where they usually start gashing our defense with that kind of stuff - it was incredible to watch.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I love the caps, too.  He's emphasizing his opinion which is probably correct.

Knock off the shit. 

Piss off. Sorry you don’t get that using all caps is considered yelling.  Yelling doesn’t make your point any better orally or online.  

I don’t disagree that they guy is a good option out of the backfield.  He did have 3 or 4 horrendous drops late in the game.  Even the color guy commented about it.  Both of these things can be true. 

You seem to have a beef with me.  If so, please put me on ignore.  I don’t like getting personal, but will if need be. 

Archived