Jaguars week

Looking forward to Thursday.  Taking care of business with this shitty team and coach is essential.  The old Bengals would show up unprepared and shit the bed in a game like this.  Winning a game they should win will make me feel even better about where this team is going.

I think losing to the Bears after a big 1st week win will help this team realize not to get too hype after a game and let that carry into not being as ready as they could be. 

I don't see a "let down" or trap game here. We should win this. 

Get that Jungle roaring 

Given that it is the ring of honor game and a LOT of folks (like me) are travelling back for this one, and the Jags likely do not have a large travelling contingent for a Thursday night game at this point, the stadium should be mostly full and 98% bengals fans. I expect it to be loud as hell coming off the high of beating the Stealers and celebrating the Kens and Anthony.

Watched the Jag game. They have a run game, Lawrence can move and throw on the run. Jones is his favorite receiver, the D chased Murry out of the pocket a lot. This may be a good game for Evans! They cover the deep ball extremely well. Bengals need to get after the run and keep Lawrence in the pocket. On offense we need to use the screen play and run on the Left side. Miles Jack is huge for them. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Any of you all ready to say that yet? 

Nope.  They have to keep Joe off IR all year before I will say that.  This week was a great step forward though.  

No doubt Chase is the real deal, but a week ago we were looking at a QB taking the most sacks in the NFL coming of ACL reconstruction.  

This isn’t about whether Chase is better than Sewell.  It was about what was the highest priority, OL or skill player.  I hope I was wrong but we won’t know until January. 

12 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Looking forward to Thursday.  Taking care of business with this shitty team and coach is essential.  The old Bengals would show up unprepared and shit the bed in a game like this.  Winning a game they should win will make me feel even better about where this team is going.

no doubt about it

12 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Nope.  They have to keep Joe off IR all year before I will say that.  This week was a great step forward though.  

No doubt Chase is the real deal, but a week ago we were looking at a QB taking the most sacks in the NFL coming of ACL reconstruction.  

This isn’t about whether Chase is better than Sewell.  It was about what was the highest priority, OL or skill player.  I hope I was wrong but we won’t know until January. 

You go into FA for need, you draft for talent. If you want to make the argument that we didn't do enough in FA to solidify the Oline, I'll stand on that island with you. But Chase was the right pick.

52 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

You go into FA for need, you draft for talent. If you want to make the argument that we didn't do enough in FA to solidify the Oline, I'll stand on that island with you. But Chase was the right pick.

At the draft no one suggested Chase was a better talent than Sewell.  Maybe a few muckrakers, but you never really know about anyone in the draft until they play.  Both are very talented guys.  Will they both be studs?  Probably.  At that point need plays a role. 

As far as FA goes, if the Bengals had done more in FA to shore up the line then the Chase pick would 100% make sense.  They didn't.  The improved at RT and rolled the dice on a center coming off ACL surgery and the guards they had.  Yes, they drafted guard in the second round, but all of these moves still leave the OL a question mark. 

The grade on this decision won't be decided until the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

At the draft no one suggested Chase was a better talent than Sewell.  Maybe a few muckrakers, but you never really know about anyone in the draft until they play.  Both are very talented guys.  Will they both be studs?  Probably.  At that point need plays a role. 

As far as FA goes, if the Bengals had done more in FA to shore up the line then the Chase pick would 100% make sense.  They didn't.  The improved at RT and rolled the dice on a center coming off ACL surgery and the guards they had.  Yes, they drafted guard in the second round, but all of these moves still leave the OL a question mark. 

The grade on this decision won't be decided until the end of the season. 

Bookmarked

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

Oh, good lord.  You are obsessed about this.

You may be right.  If Burrow stays healthy all season Chase was the right pick.  If not....I will still take no joy in it. 

Even if he doesn't unless it's one of the Tackles that got him hurt, Chase is still the right pick.

Archived