Eli Apple might be worse than Sims was.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's better than Sims was.  He has the physical tools, he just has too many brain cramps.  I'd be happier with him as 1st CB off the bench than starter.

That's essentially what he is, it's just that neither of our starters have played together yet, and likely wont this week either. Personally I'd prefer Apple as the 2nd guy off the bench and that we draft a CB early next year.

18 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Apple isn't worse than LaShaun Sims, who not an active player the NFL. However, it's 3rd and Apple at this point, hopefully Bates and Bell shade to his side and protect him.

He has to get some play making confidence going, he's leaving too many opportunities on the field.  

Dline is going to have to play lights out on Thursday, if Chinny is out and Waynes is currently Questionable (though I do think he will finally start this week) Bates is also currently questionable with a neck injury. 

Need to get to Lawerence early and often as the 2ndary is banged up

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Dline is going to have to play lights out on Thursday, if Chinny is out and Waynes is currently Questionable (though I do think he will finally start this week) Bates is also currently questionable with a neck injury. 

I hate Thursday night games. 

Folks, this team is 9th in DVOA through three games. Apple has been perfectly fine as a back-up CB pressed into service. He's made some hits including one which separated Claypool from ball on Sunday. He's not great, but he's nowhere near as bad as LaShaun Sims. Hopefully Wayans and Awuzie healthy soon and he can go back to being a decent back-up.

53 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Indeed. I actually hate any game that’s not 1 o’clock on Sunday afternoon. 

Pretty much.  OK with 4:30 games if they are away in the west.  Sometimes refreshing

to have a football Sunday morning to one's self.  I mean, imagine what Saphead would do with

an extra three hours on a weekend morning.  I HOP?  And we're not talking pancakes and screaming

kids.

Throwing this in here now and early, I'm betting we late season flexed.  

Last three weeks of the season are home Baltimore and Kansas City and 

the third one is at Cleveland.

Archived