How Good is Joe Burrow

How Good is Joe Burrow  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How Good is Joe Burrow?

• Can be the Best Player on a Superbowl Winning Team
    • Can Win a Superbowl, but needs a Great Team Around Him
    • Average NFL Starter (13th best to 19th best)
    • Below Average NFL Starter (20th best to 26th best)
    • Current-Day Ben Roethlisberger

I love it when a thread ages well.

It cannot be overestimated how good the Baltimore secondary is. And they had their best guy on Burrow's favorite target. 200+ yards.

The biggest thing holding Joe Burrow back right now is Zac Taylor's play calling. When they start giving him more freedom to change the play in the second half... You saw it. Hell, I even said I didn't expect a 40 year old Elway, and ol' Johnny would have killed to have that game on his stat line.

With Chase making guys look silly, Burrow seeing, throwing, and keeping it going... Let's face it Burrow might be the league MVP if he keeps this up. This offense is starting to hit their stride. But they're also not going to sneak up on anyone anymore. To paraphrase Cher, "I believe in a guy called Joe. I feel something inside me say I think that kid is good to go. Ooooo-oh-oh-oh." 

Joe Burrow is a perfect example of why you don't judge a QB by his skill tests at the combine. What's most important about a QB is what's between the ears and his leadership. Then there's accuracy. Arm strength and 40 time are far down on the list. This is why Joe has football people drooling and Cam Newton is out of the league

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Joe Burrow is a perfect example of why you don't judge a QB by his skill tests at the combine. What's most important about a QB is what's between the ears and his leadership. Then there's accuracy. Arm strength and 40 time are far down on the list. This is why Joe has football people drooling and Cam Newton is out of the league

Agree cept the accuracy part...

Oooh thats a huge factor..

Joe has had it since high school..

15 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

And this is what I keep trying to tell my hubby when he starts spouting off how great Herbert is and telling me that "I can admit I was wrong" about wanting Burrow instead of Herbert. I keep telling him I'm perfectly happy with Burrow.  He just has IT. 

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

And this is what I keep trying to tell my hubby when he starts spouting off how great Herbert is and telling me that "I can admit I was wrong" about wanting Burrow instead of Herbert. I keep telling him I'm perfectly happy with Burrow.  He just has IT. 

Absolutely. I'm happy for the Chargers that they got a good QB and all but I have no second thoughts. Burrow was perfect for our SW Ohio team. Perfect fit. 

Sports folks on national shows are also debating this and they generally are siding with Burrow in a close call due to his moxy.

It's the Lions who should be kicking themselves for not drafting Herbert.

As for the hubby, tell him to watch Josh Allen in the post season this yr and tell me how the Browns made the right choice

3 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

As for the hubby, tell him to watch Josh Allen in the post season this yr and tell me how the Browns made the right choice

Oh, he knows Josh Allen is better and wishes he had him. He wasn’t enamored of the Baker Mayfield pick.

Archived