An hour before Joey B vs Sunshine under the lights

Tonight, is a big night for Bengaldom. The biggest gameday night since Jeremy Hill’s notorious fumble.

In a few hours the Bengals can be 3-1 sailing into a 11 day mini-bye with the Rookie of the Year candidate dominating on the deep ball and Burrow starting to regain some of his old form.

Many of Zac’s recent draft picks are starting to show fruition, with Logan Wilson leading the NFL in Ints, Burrow playing like the Comeback Player of the Year, and Jamarr Chase making most Bengal fans forget about Sewell.

Even the free agents are paying off, with Hendrickson proving needed energy on the edge, the Billy Price trade looks like a steal, and DJ Reader is clogging the run. Long gone are the thoughts about Dunlap’s pouting and refusal to heed Lou’s harder coaching style as the defense is ranked 6th in the league and playing some dominant ball.

Hell, even the offensive line played great in Shittsburgh and broke a 70+ game streak by not allowing a sack against the Stealers. And Carman was plowing more holes in the run game than R Kelly performing at a sweet 16 birthday party.

All is right in Bengaldom, and that is exactly why there is some risk, as us Bengals fans usually wait for the shoe to drop whenever things seem to be going well (Kimo anyone, Dalton int and broken thumb when undefeated?). But tonight is also an opportunity to exorcise those demons and show that this is not the Prime Time Water Pistol flubbing in front of the nation, but the new Nemo pants Bengals who are heading to the playoffs.

It all ends and begins with Burrow of course. Give him time and utilize the 4/5 WR shotgun sets where he can see the rushers and he’s pretty much unstoppable. Give Mixon his 15-20 carries in-between deep ball shots and keep the defense on their heels. This game shouldn’t even be close, and if it’s a blowout, it will show that these are not your Bengals of the past, but Joey’s LSU North Swagger Bengals.

POST WIN ADDENDUM

The old Bengals would have folded in the 2nd half. Something is different and Zac deserves credit for setting his ego aside and realizing that he has a special football mind in JoeyB and I think taking his input at halftime. This is not a knock on Zac either, as it’s a huge plus. This team needs a player’s coach like Zac who isn’t afraid to listen to Joe as an equal, as many of these “run wind sprints while I whistle” older head coaches would try to do it their way and not take advantage of his talents. This team has a nice blend of the hard nosed Lou on defense, and the easy going collaborative Zac on offense. 

and how about that HUGE FUCKING WIN! This team is in first place heading into October. And really they are one Hendrickson shoelace tackle of Justin Fields away from being 4-0 and having the #1 seed, so there is a lot to be happy about. Also in the grand scheme of things, it is better to be a second half team, than a first half one, as it’s easier to fix first half prep over time. 

Any Bengal fan that isn’t giddy waking up Friday morning is a grumpy sour puss who needs to take up hockey or something, as this team is worth celebrating and has a very bright future. All the pieces are coming together. Draft picks, free agents, coaches, trades, management, team PR. If the Bengals were a stock, this is Amazon moving out of the garage and into their first warehouse, so buckle the fuck up as this bandwagon is going to get really full soon. 

53 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I am with you BJ. This team is really coming together and Joe is a fucking leader, You aren't made a team captain as a rookie unless you have something special. 

I am pumped and can't wait until next week. 

That’s really the thing with Burrow.  He has “it.”   Reminds me of another Joe who played for a team that shall not be mentioned. 

11 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

Well that explains it. Nope, never seen't it.

You gotta see it once. It's a tiny bit cheesy, but it's one of my favorite movies of all time. And I don't watch a lot of movies.

2 hours ago, Cat said:

No, silly - he's clearly talking about Billy Joe Tolliver.

I thought he was talking about Joe Shit.

You know, the guy who changed his name

because he never could stand the name Joe.

Changed it to Jack and to this day, people(?)

in Pittsburgh don't know Jack Shit.

Or Cleveland or Baltimore or...:rsju31uh9:

Archived