Jaguars at Bengals - Good, Bad, & Ugly

2 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Good:  They won.

Bad:  1st half

Ugly:  Mixon limping on sidelines

Simply put, had this been any other team, this game should have been a loss.  Thank you for not shanking the game winning goal.

Any idea what it was that sidelined Mixon? Ankle? Foot? Hopefully not reaggravating what happened last year... 

Good:

- Logan Wilson just keeps proving he's the real deal.  Amazing tackles at the point, made an amazing tackle outside in pursuit, and got a sack!

- D-line (and Lou) pulled it together in the second half.

- Offense pulled it together in the second half, but it was pretty much Joe, CJ, Boyd and Mixon putting the team on their fuggin back.

- OL was shaky early but overall a good performance.

Bad

- Phillips returning kicks scares me.  At least he catches it.. ?  I guess?

- Taylor again had to pull out a nail-biter that quite honestly didn't need to happen.  His first half game plan is pretty much a coin flip every game on whether it's "decent" or "horrible".

Ugly

- THE REFS

2 minutes ago, Griever said:

Any idea what it was that sidelined Mixon? Ankle? Foot? Hopefully not reaggravating what happened last year... 

Not yet,  Can't hear the aftergame radio anymore from where I live now.  Someone here will chime in.

1 minute ago, Numbers said:

McPherson shanked one that could have put us up by three instead of tied depending on a field goal to prevent overtime.  But yes, McPherson won it.

Well I was waiting for them to show the "under the bar cam" because that was real close to being over the top of the upright from the angle we were given.  At least it wasn't an actual shank, looked more like a "baby hook" that rolled off the green...

Good: CJ, as was said earlier in the thread he just willed this team to win.

Bad:  Darius Phillips.  Scaring the shit out of me when returning kicks and the few chance he had for a tackle he whiffs.  Ugh.

Uglu:  Why is this team unprepared again in the first half???

GOOD

- Logan Wilson needs a captain C on his chest. Guy is a baller and fills the hole like an old school LB from the 80s. I think he needs to wear an old school neck roll. 

- Burrow has ice in his veins. His mind is his best attribute. That screen he checked to on an all out zero blitz at the end won the game. JB is like having a second coach on the field.

- Zac Taylor's halftime adjustments. He's the anti-Marvin, and is showing he can make make corrections. He also puts his ego aside and lets JB use his judgement. Many coaches wouldn't do that. 

- McPherson, came back big after his first hook.

- OL G's stepped up big and are gelling nicely. Carman will be a great RG. 

- Uzomah played the game of his Bengal career tonight. If he played this way every week this offense will be playing in February (especially once Higgins returns).

- This offense in 5 WR and hurry up is almost unstoppable at the end of games. So why not use that earlier in the game as well. 

BAD

- Missing Bates showed, and this game should do a lot for his agent in getting that contract extension. 

- Wiffing on Sunshine's 7 year old-playing-Madden-offense where he just takes the snap and runs it up the middle.

- Chase is so dominant, he should get at least 1 long pass per half at a minimum. Don't wait until the 2nd half.

- First half play calling, which used too many under center plays. Need to use more 4/5 WR with JB in shotgun so at least he can see the rushers. If JB knows a rusher is coming he can outthink the defense. He only really gets sacked when he is under center. The key to keeping his knee in-tact is using the shotgun. 

- Losing Ogunjobi hurt, hopefully not serious. 

- Hopefully Mixon's ankle can heal in 10 days. 

UGLY

- The Jaguars 0-4 record and Sunshine's 0-2 record against Joey Jackpot in Prime Time, as he just got his shit pushed in on national TV again. 

I don't post much, but I'll play.

GOOD

- Being a better team after halftime rather than a worse team after halftime, like they always were under Marvin.

BAD

- That they HAD to be a better team after halftime to squeeze out a win, in the first place.

UGLY

- Easter Island statues of Trevor Lawrence.

09C2BE5E-3A19-492E-83E368D184F4B18A_source.jpg?w=590&h=800&D18D01A0-22D4-4F47-B92526488FC1357A

Just like the stealer version last week:

Good - They won. Nothing else matters.

They are comparable where after losing so many consecutive stealer games and prime time games (excluding the Monday night stealers last season), they won and the monkey is off their back. At least for now. 

Thursday night games are unpredictable and stupid. Coming out with a win, no matter how ugly, is beautiful. All negatives should be thrown out as short week hiccups. The D was shaky, but holding another premiere RB to under 80 yards and only 200 yards passing is not too shabby. The difference was their red zone D was not as sharp. Except for the 4th down stand at the end of the first half, which may have been the play of the game. 21-0 at half may have been the end. There's 10 days to get our full secondary healthy and see how they do against Rodgers.

Archived