Jaguars at Bengals - Good, Bad, & Ugly

5 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Gee, if you have good OL's and DL's good things happen in football. This must be a 'new thing' with modern football. Never heard of it before.....

I was saying that as a good thing.  I don’t think our O line is great right now and Burrow is doing well.  It didn’t seem like he had that many clean pockets, but according to the data maybe he did.  The o line could still use a couple more pieces, specifically at center and guard.  Also need a backup plan for RR (maybe Adeniji or Smith?).

13 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Well I was waiting for them to show the "under the bar cam" because that was real close to being over the top of the upright from the angle we were given.  At least it wasn't an actual shank, looked more like a "baby hook" that rolled off the green...

What was funny was at the stadium just after the kick the sound crew cued up the (dopey) "Here Those

Bengals Growlin'" theme they play after every score.  Cut if off after the first couple notes when they

realized he did not make it.  Laugh from the crowd which was HUGE, btw.

Adding on...

The Good...

Half time adjustments?  WTF?  Loved it!!

Got down and didn't give up.  What a pleasant surprise and how refreshing from previous years.

Love how Joe Burrow changes plays at the line and calls his own.  Uzi said the screen to him was

all Joe and something he had never seen before.

The Bad...

Well, now we have less of a chance of drafting the best cornerback in the draft.

For the pregame introduction, the introduced the D.  And forgot Davis-Gaither.  Shot of him in the tunnel

ready to run out and the next player called was Apple.  He looked bewildered and kind of hurt.

The Ugly...

Anthony Munoz' gray fu manchu stash.

1 hour ago, WRAPradio said:

I was saying that as a good thing.  I don’t think our O line is great right now and Burrow is doing well.  It didn’t seem like he had that many clean pockets, but according to the data maybe he did.  The o line could still use a couple more pieces, specifically at center and guard.  Also need a backup plan for RR (maybe Adeniji or Smith?).

Agree 100%; my post was another sarcastic shot at the organization over the years. 

The Great: Getting the W. That is everything. This game felt like more than one win. They avoided a ridiculous let down after beating the Stealers. A big game on national television, sure it never should have  been  close, but a win is a win is a win. Logan Wilson is awesome. That fourth down stand at the goal line literally kept me tuned in for the second half. I was getting ready to turn the channel. McPherson is hitting the ones that matter. I thought taking Chase was a mistake, but I will very happily admit to being wrong. He's everything he was advertised as.  Uzomah was playing out of his mind of course, but this all comes down to Joe Burrow. He refuses to be "Bengalized". Instead, he seems to be infecting this team with a persistent insistence on winning. It's never obnoxious, or over the top, but he's got "IT". He expects to win and he plays like it. It seems to be contagious.

The Past: Not gonna do a bad or ugly today. In the past we were the ones having to watch a perfect first half get pissed away into a loss with seconds left on the clock. Awesome to be on the other side of that for a change. I'm not sure how many 3rd and fairly long conversions we had in the second half, but it seemed like quite a few. In the past we've had to endure screen passes to receivers already blanketed by defenders of tricking draw plays. Very refreshing on third and seven to have receivers run routes over seven yards and get thrown to!

2 hours ago, A Rock said:

The Great: Getting the W. That is everything. This game felt like more than one win. They avoided a ridiculous let down after beating the Stealers. A big game on national television, sure it never should have  been  close, but a win is a win is a win. Logan Wilson is awesome. That fourth down stand at the goal line literally kept me tuned in for the second half. I was getting ready to turn the channel. McPherson is hitting the ones that matter. I thought taking Chase was a mistake, but I will very happily admit to being wrong. He's everything he was advertised as.  Uzomah was playing out of his mind of course, but this all comes down to Joe Burrow. He refuses to be "Bengalized". Instead, he seems to be infecting this team with a persistent insistence on winning. It's never obnoxious, or over the top, but he's got "IT". He expects to win and he plays like it. It seems to be contagious.

The Past: Not gonna do a bad or ugly today. In the past we were the ones having to watch a perfect first half get pissed away into a loss with seconds left on the clock. Awesome to be on the other side of that for a change. I'm not sure how many 3rd and fairly long conversions we had in the second half, but it seemed like quite a few. In the past we've had to endure screen passes to receivers already blanketed by defenders of tricking draw plays. Very refreshing on third and seven to have receivers run routes over seven yards and get thrown to!

Good man.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

NFL Analyst Gushes Over Logan Wilson: 'This is One of the Best Young Defensive Players in the League

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/brian-baldinger-gushes-over-logan-wilson

He has the heart and fire we need in a LB.  It looked like he was calling the formations too.  Did they make him Captain of the D?  I hope he develops even better than he has shown so far.  We finally may have a real LB.  The LBs were missing in the first half, but turned it around in the second.

Yes - Wilson wears the radio on D and makes the calls.

He's a monster in the middle now. Was amazing to watch him work, track and fill holes last night sideline to sideline. That's one thing that being there in person gives you is that perspective - (I was in the north end zone and watched him a lot). 

Archived