If we have a Sewer Brewer award every week, why don’t we have an award for the best player every week?

Why don’t we have an award for the best performer of the game? Think of a past player who was drafted in a later round and played well for us and name it after him. Like maybe the Krumrie Keeper of the week? 

Just trying to focus on the positive. 😉😃

2 hours ago, gupps said:

I'd go CJ also, mainly because I almost expect Burrow  to be the best player evrey week.

How bout calling it a Brownie? I mean if you're gonna go, go all the way.

I would also be for making this “new award” be for the player that stepped up big time in a game…one that did more than what was expected.  

C.J. also gets my vote, but Tyler Boyd and Logan Wilson would be good options as well.  

[Maybe we should add TWO more awards, one for the player that did more than expected and one for the player that had the most positive impact on the game (Joe Burrow for this week).  

Each named after an appropriate player.

Did more than expected:

Krumrie

Housmanzada (I used to know how to spell it.) - “Houz da Man Award”?

Fulcher

Most positive impact on the game:

Anthony Munoz

Jim Breech

Chad - “The Big Johnson Award”?

…eh.  Just thinking out loud, here.  Throwing stuff out to see if anything sticks…a part of my formal brainstorming training.  But I do like “Houz da Man” 😎]

🦗

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

I would also be for making this “new award” be for the player that stepped up big time in a game…one that did more than what was expected.  

C.J. also gets my vote, but Tyler Boyd and Logan Wilson would be good options as well.  

[Maybe we should add TWO more awards, one for the player that did more than expected and one for the player that had the most positive impact on the game (Joe Burrow for this week).  

Each named after an appropriate player.

Did more than expected:

Krumrie

Housmanzada (I used to know how to spell it.) - “Houz da Man Award”?

Fulcher

Most positive impact on the game:

Anthony Munoz

Jim Breech

Chad - “The Big Johnson Award”?

…eh.  Just thinking out loud, here.  Throwing stuff out to see if anything sticks…a part of my formal brainstorming training.  But I do like “Houz da Man” 😎]

🦗

The Big Johnson Award for sure.

Chadwick, Pete Pete Pete and first Bengal draftee, Bob.

And several other Big Johnsons I have omitted.  Tiger?

Hey... who doesn't like a Big Johnson.

You can call me Ray or you can call me Jay...

Sorry... not a huge Whosyourmama fan.  Even now talks to f'n much and whined

for a penalty even if the throw was ten feet over his head and out of bounds.

Only big moment for him was shining his shoes with a terrible tampon.

Saint Anthony Munoz has become a cliché.  Besides with the gray

fu man chu stash he looks like he just rimmed a goat.

Another thought is to make The Big Johnson Award for the unsung hero.

Joe Burrow would get best player every week except for Ja'marr or Boyd. Tee once in awhile.

I would vote for Thursday night's unsung hero to go to Jackson Cartman

for the phenomenal block TWO blocks on Uzi's screen.

Pancaked his guy cold at the line and another closing on Uzi who would have

dropped him way short of field goal range.

8 hours ago, gupps said:

I'd go CJ also, mainly because I almost expect Burrow  to be the best player evrey week.

How bout calling it a Brownie? I mean if you're gonna go, go all the way.

this, and he was this week too. but CJ had an amazing game

I just fucking love Joe so much, slowly becoming key favorite player ever 

CJ and Joey B. certainly deserve it, but I'm gonna go with Logan Wilson. That game is over without that goal line stand at the end of the first half. This guy's becoming my favorite. Just ferocious in a good way. Like Burfict without the head case issues.

I bought a Logan Wilson jersey right after they drafted him, that’s how much I thought of the pick at the time. Thank gawd he turned out to be a PTPer..I kinda  had fears of him washing out if I’m being honest. 

18 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I bought a Logan Wilson jersey right after they drafted him, that’s how much I thought of the pick at the time. Thank gawd he turned out to be a PTPer..I kinda  had fears of him washing out if I’m being honest. 

Good call.

If I didn't have my current one, I think they have McPherson jerseys in at least white at the Pro Shop.

Would give it serious thought.

6 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Would give it serious thought.

Yeah I’ve been thinking about pulling the trigger on a McPherson jersey as well. As long as he doesn’t ever develop a case of the yips, he’ll be a Bengal lifer just like Huber. 

I forgot about Houshmandzadeh as a low draft pick that was successful for us. He is the holder of the most receptions in a season by a Bengal with 112. I’m kind of liking “Hous the Man” award, or perhaps the Bengal Brownie award. 

I guess the reason for no best player award is the team hasn’t been to the playoffs in 5 years and hasn’t  won a playoff game in 30 which is 4th all time and the longest current streak. 

Most likely we move into 3rd all time after this year displacing Detroit then 2 years to catch New Orleans (1967-2000)

Also, we have a good, bad and ugly thread so most of it (to include Brewer candidates) get discussed there. 

On 10/1/2021 at 11:07 PM, Shebengal said:

Why don’t we have an award for the best performer of the game? Think of a past player who was drafted in a later round and played well for us and name it after him. Like maybe the Krumrie Keeper of the week? 

Just trying to focus on the positive. 😉😃

Because Tibor is a troll and doesn’t care about the good. 

59 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Hilarious.

One suggestion in the past was to name the best player in the game award the "Thorn in Tibor's Side Award" as it was felt I was not a real fan.

Tell folks how many home playoff games you have attended in person? I can attest to 3. 

Trolls are not known to attend home playoff games in person that I know of—especially for this franchise. 

Lol being a troll has nothing at all to do with being a fan. He could be a 30 year season ticket holder that has never missed a game but that doesn’t change the fact that he comes to this site just to be an obnoxious troll that only wants to push people’s buttons. 

Archived