The Good, The Bad, And the Ugly: Green Bay 10/10/21

Please Remember

1.  "Attack the post, not the poster".

2.  "Don't be a jerk"

3.  "Smack talk stays in the smack talk forum"

4.  If you have an issue with another poster and don't know what to do, think about it for a minute, breath, and if you still feel the same way, hit the "report" button located on the bottom right of the post.  Try to be specific and rational.

16 hours ago, High School Harry said:

He was a pot stirrer.  He said stuff to rile people up and that was his

schtick.

His waterloo was he got into a real pissing contest with Housmetc.  Housh was supposed to show up for an

interview on his show and stood him up leaving Fuhrman to song and dance in the dead time.  Fuhrman

called Housh a "racist" and that's all she wrote for Andy.  I think he was on some obscure FM stations for awhile

and... don't know where he is now.

He and Mrs F adopted orphaned brothers from Serbia/Bosina, someplace over there so he wasn't all bad.

If you are talking about Andy Fuhrman he has had a syndicated radio show on Fox Sports for years.   Never was much of a fan. 

He used to frequent Mikebrownsucks.com as well and got into a huge pissing contest with a poster there about Mike Brown.  Fuhrman dared him to come on his radio show which would have obviously been a bad idea.  Keep in mind this was pre Marvin Lewis and Fuhrman defended Brown’s track record and the stadium deal. 

11 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Please Remember

1.  "Attack the post, not the poster".

2.  "Don't be a jerk"

3.  "Smack talk stays in the smack talk forum"

4.  If you have an issue with another poster and don't know what to do, think about it for a minute, breath, and if you still feel the same way, hit the "report" button located on the bottom right of the post.  Try to be specific and rational.

Do we want to go there?

3.  Troll behavior -  Not contributing meaningfully and or respectfully

4.  Thread Hijacking - We understand that threads will wander, but keep each thread on topic.

6.  Jerkish behavior

From Sheil Kapadia at The Athletic:  Bengals coach scared.  This person nailed it. 

Coaching decision worth second-guessing: Zac Taylor playing for a 57-yard FG

With 26 seconds left in regulation and the game tied at 22, the Cincinnati Bengals faced a third-and-5 from the Green Bay 42. They still had two timeouts left. They also had Joe Burrow. But Taylor called a run to Samaje Perine that gained 3 yards. Cincinnati lined up for a 57-yard field goal. It missed.

That sequence would drive me nuts if I were a Bengals fan — for a couple different reasons. One, since when is 57 yards close enough to feel good about the chances of a make? Since 2010, NFL teams have made 57-yard field goals 48 percent of the time. We’re talking about less than a coin flip here! Why not give Burrow a chance to pick up a first down and get closer? The other issue is if you miss (and there is a decent likelihood you will!), you’re giving Aaron Rodgers the ball back with a chance to win the game. That’s exactly what happened, but Mason Crosby missed a 51-yard field goal.

In overtime, the Bengals found themselves in a somewhat similar situation. They had a first down from the Packers’ 41. They ran the ball three consecutive times and attempted a 49-yard field goal. It missed. This one was less egregious. Kickers have converted from 49 yards away 72.1 percent of the time since 2010. But again, why not trust Burrow and try to get closer? From 35 yards away, the make rate jumps to 91.6 percent.

“We’ve got a lot of faith in Evan (McPherson) from those distances,” Taylor said, per The Athletic’s Paul Dehner Jr. “There were some runs there before those kicks, just because, as you guys have seen, you don’t want to get knocked out of field-goal range with anything silly that can happen. We’ve just got a lot of faith in him going both ways. We’ve got a lot of faith in Evan, and we’ll continue to do that going forward.”

Faith in Evan? What about faith in Burrow? I know he threw a couple interceptions and took three sacks. But he also made some great plays to keep Cincinnati in the game. Oh, and he’s the franchise. What message are you sending by taking the ball out of his hands in those spots?

The Packers outplayed the Bengals, but Cincinnati had a chance to steal it. Maybe they would have lost anyway, but Taylor made decisions based on fear of the worst-case scenario. That’s no way to coach.

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

If you are talking about Andy Fuhrman he has had a syndicated radio show on Fox Sports for years.   Never was much of a fan. 

He used to frequent Mikebrownsucks.com as well and got into a huge pissing contest with a poster there about Mike Brown.  Fuhrman dared him to come on his radio show which would have obviously been a bad idea.  Keep in mind this was pre Marvin Lewis and Fuhrman defended Brown’s track record and the stadium deal. 

Furman was a tool.  "come on my show"  What BS.  He would just mute and talk over you. 

GOOD

Ja'Marr Chase-That TD before the half was huge. He's a legit early season contender for OROY. Huge game.

Vonn Bell-3 tackles for a loss and 8 solo tackles. The defense as a whole was hit and miss but I thought he had a decent game.

Trey Hendrickson-He's truly disruptive. Big step up over what I feel was a wildly overrated Carl Lawson

Chidobe Awuzie-I know he got beat too but, Awuzie is a good CB. He's looking like a great addition. Can cover and run stop.

Samaje Perine-Ran well for a banged up Joe Mixon

Joe Burrow-Not his best game. He's got to learn when to go down, when to throw it away and cut the INTs but...he's fucking awesome

BAD

Joe Burrow-He and the offensive line need to stop Joe Burrow from getting pummeled. He legit will not last the season.

Offensive Line-It sucks. All of it. Those that thought we'd done enough were wrong.

Drew Sample-This guy is terrible and the Breweresque trip over his own feet...sigh

UGLY

Play Calling-In the 4th quarter and OT was terrible.

Evan McPherson-Celebrating a missed FG and 0 for 2.

Tee Higgins-That drop...

Jackson Carman-Looked like Michael Jordan. 

5 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Drew Sample-This guy is terrible and the Breweresque trip over his own feet...sigh

I mean he's basically just another o-lineman at this point. I doubt he thought he'd ever see the ball coming his way.

On 10/12/2021 at 10:56 PM, spicoli said:

I mean he's basically just another o-lineman at this point. I doubt he thought he'd ever see the ball coming his way.

Im not even sure of how good as a TE  blocker he is at this point..

He certainly had been a letdown this year imo..

10 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Charger and Bills making huge statements...

Rasard Slater has been sealing off the blindside of Herbert and he's lighting it up.

Apparently the Bills oline is keeping rushers at bay long enough to let Josh Allen do what he does with his rocket arm ...

5 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Charger and Bills making huge statements...

Rasard Slater has been sealing off the blindside of Herbert and he's lighting it up.

Apparently the Bills oline is keeping rushers at bay long enough to let Josh Allen do what he does with his rocket arm ...

And if I recall some draft pundits were saying Slayer was rated higher in their mind then Sewell. 

5 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

And if I recall some draft pundits were saying Slayer was rated higher in their mind then Sewell. 

Our Spicolli for one..

He stayed on the Slater wagon from the start..

I went with Sewell..

He was on the money..

I went bankrupt with Sewell..so far..

Archived