Lions Week

10 hours ago, membengal said:

This is exactly why I had to laugh at the idea that Williams has been "average to below average"

Sure he's given up plays, but what LT hasnt?

The guy has been mostly shutting down his side.

The biggest problem imho in all honesty is that Trey Hopkins hasn't played like he was before his injury, Carman Jackson learning on the job not withstanding. 

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Maybe with the roster moves we'll see preseason sensation, Darius Hodge, and the

massive Shelvinator in the game rather than on the Inactive list.

I think Hodge could be a Special Teams standout if nothing else.

Could be a shit or get off the pot game for Marcus Bailey.

In all honesty unless someone gets hurt I don't expect to see Shelvin at all this year, I mean where do you put him with Hill, Larry O, Reader, and Tupou playing the way they are?

Holton Hill and Elijah Holyfield are both interesting signings to the Practice squad

Hill is only 24 but he has 6 starts over his career with the Vikings. 73 career tackles 11 pd. Dealt with injuries and bounced around since being released by the Vikes off IR. Probably not a long term solution as a starter but very interesting depth.
Hills PFF scores
2018 70.7 Overall 41.7 Run D (163 snaps) 76.5 Coverage (213)
2019 63.5 Overall 65.3 Run D (54) 62.2 Coverage (97)
2020 42.6 Overall 54.4 Run D (112) 38.2 Coverage (143)

Seemed to show up as a rookie and be on a slide since

Holyfield is obviously Evander's son. Left Georgia early in after a 1K campaign. More in the Jacque Patrick mold than the Traveyon Williams mold. On the Panthers PS in 2019, Eagles in 2020.

12 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Holyfield is obviously Evander's son. Left Georgia early in after a 1K campaign. More in the Jacque Patrick mold than the Traveyon Williams mold. On the Panthers PS in 2019, Eagles in 2020.

If you like watching guys run like they're carrying kitchen appliances on their backs, you'll love Elijah Holyfield. 

15 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

This is exactly why I had to laugh at the idea that Williams has been "average to below average"

Sure he's given up plays, but what LT hasnt?

The guy has been mostly shutting down his side.

The biggest problem imho in all honesty is that Trey Hopkins hasn't played like he was before his injury, Carman Jackson learning on the job not withstanding. 

Agree..

Total Pff score for our oline to date..

Williams ...70..above average if 65 is average..

Big Q.........68...hes played consistant well each game..

Hopkins .43....ugg..run and pass game is bad..

Carman......34...hes just not ready to plsy extensive snaps yet..its showing bigtime..

Reiff ...........65...Im wondering how hard his job is with a raw rook beside him..

Maybe hes on overload...

Our interior collaoes wuickly leaving J B in BAD situstions..

What to do about it is Coach Pollacks

dilemma...

Archived