Lions Week

12 hours ago, Shebengal said:

We get the Browns in Columbus so I’m going to have to find a plan B.

The Nation has (sort of) moved to Mugsy’s Pub and Patio on Rome-Hilliard Rd. Tom and others were there for the last few weeks I am told. Will check and PM you. 

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree..

Total Pff score for our oline to date..

Williams ...70..above average if 65 is average..

Big Q.........68...hes played consistant well each game..

Hopkins .43....ugg..run and pass game is bad..

Carman......34...hes just not ready to plsy extensive snaps yet..its showing bigtime..

Reiff ...........65...Im wondering how hard his job is with a raw rook beside him..

Maybe hes on overload...

Our interior collaoes wuickly leaving J B in BAD situstions..

What to do about it is Coach Pollacks

dilemma...

Good news is it's much easier to find interior linemen than T's later in the draft, so we should continue to be able to build the line in the offseason. Hopefully Carman improves as he gets reps, and hopefully Tre does too, but I think you still have to get some more guys.

33 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Good news is it's much easier to find interior linemen than T's later in the draft, so we should continue to be able to build the line in the offseason. Hopefully Carman improves as he gets reps, and hopefully Tre does too, but I think you still have to get some more guys.

The Bengals have been working that method for years.  The results have been poor.  Take a look at the Bengals draft history.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/draft.htm No wonder they have struggled at guard.  Until Carman they haven't addressed it with anything more than a 4th round pick.  (Jordan)  Currently, the Bengals best guard was cut by Buffalo and signed through the practice squad. 

This needs to be addressed in FA if Carman doesn't improve.

3 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

The Bengals have been working that method for years.  The results have been poor.  Take a look at the Bengals draft history.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/draft.htm No wonder they have struggled at guard.  Until Carman they haven't addressed it with anything more than a 4th round pick.  (Jordan)  Currently, the Bengals best guard was cut by Buffalo and signed through the practice squad. 

Don't disagree, I just wonder with given history how much they value guards that they are willing to go into FA to find one that you will have to pay more than a Xavier Su'a-filo? Or if we need to replace Hopkins, same thing?

15 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Don't disagree, I just wonder with given history how much they value guards that they are willing to go into FA to find one that you will have to pay more than a Xavier Su'a-filo? Or if we need to replace Hopkins, same thing?

Yeah, I agree.  Just more frustrating Bengals front office shit.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

didn't they draft Zeitler in the first?

Also Price but that was a whiff.

Archived